Jack Harrison

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

if it means mcginn goes back to the right and bailey goes to the bench then its ok i guess

There’ll be pages and pages of debate about this signing but ultimately, it all boils down to what you’ve just said. Get McGinn back on the right and get an alternative to Bailey. Job done.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

To be fair, I've just had a Google of him and his stats. Not half bad. 

What I like most is people seem to say he works hard, something Buendia gave us. He obviously lacks the technical ability of Emi but as a squad addition, he will be very useful.

Also, he's played in the Prem, so won't need to 'adjust'. 

Exactly all this

• Like 1

he's better than Bailey overall imo, works hard too, not a flashy signing, but he is decent technically, puts himself about and works hard, would be a good squad player for sure.

He wont displace Ramsey, Diaby, McGinn (when he's finally fit), but more than passable and competent as a squad player along with Philogene and Bailey.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

There’ll be pages and pages of debate about this signing but ultimately, it all boils down to what you’ve just said. Get McGinn back on the right and get an alternative to Bailey. Job done.

It’s quite sensible if you tell me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dillon66 said:

Has anyone taken note of the fact that he's actually supposed to be out until September with an ongoing injury ?

We'll need a bigger treatment room. 

Harrison end product isn't as good as Barnes' but he has a much better workrate, plus Harrison will be more of a squad option, Barnes wouldn't come to us to sit on the bench and we wouldn't have paid the £40m for that.

12 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Was excellent a couple of seasons ago but went off the boil a little bit. Maybe Unai thinks he can recapture it.

He was effective under Biesla's style of basketball matches.

Very much less so in Jesse Marsch's formation without much width so don't really see him being that effective.

Seems injuries have spooked us and we're suddenly falling into the trap of signing squad players to be starters when we need to be signing top level players who can push inconsistent players to the bench e.g. Diaby obviously would've benched Bailey but for the injuries we've had in last month.

1 minute ago, Dillon66 said:

Has anyone taken note of the fact that he's actually supposed to be out until September with an ongoing injury ?

will help bolster the squad alongside Moreno and Ramsey when they come back then, we need a squad for the season tbh, if its only a few weeks, he would be a good squad addition.

Although, wouldnt be happy if this was instead of Zaniolo, i hope we are after both.

Â