Jack Harrison

Delphinho123

Just now, CVByrne said:

No just wondering why we are loaning both? We might be swooping for Harrison and dropping the Zaniolo deal.

Perhaps because we need more squad depth and we might be close to moving other players on? They're different kinds of players anyway.

26 minutes ago, andym said:

We need a body in to replace Buendia.

However, that's not going to be a big name, big money signing unless we can shift someone like bailey or coutinho. We havent got the wiggle room wages wise.

He's not great, but he had more goals and assists than Buendia and Bailey last season, and he'll put in 10x the shift Bailey will.

He’s got a terrific engine on him and is a bit of a leader, exactly what we need right now. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No just wondering why we are loaning both? We might be swooping for Harrison and dropping the Zaniolo deal.

The loaning of Zaniolo works well for both clubs instead of buying outright.

The loan fee can sizeable, but doesn't need sharing with Roma making the deal more profitable for Gala. Helps us with FFP to get the deal done.

Harrison would most likely be in response to the events of this week. The deals for both players are not connected to each.

Edited by StanBalaban

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So it's a loan signing. Think this probably means no Zaniolo as they're both left footed wide players. Cover for Bailey being out 

I need to check but I don't think Zaniolo ever played for Roma on the left.  He mainly played right or central - cutting in onto his left foot.  He is not a player who is looking to go past defenders on the outside and cross the ball in.  He's a guy who gets the ball, dribbles at pace and tries to get shots away.  It will be interesting to see if / how we can get him and Diaby playing together - but I would be surprised if it is by playing him on the left.  The only way that makes sense to me - is if Diaby and Zaniolo are playing as narrower inside forward type players (with Cash and Moreno providing the width) as that still allows Zaniolo to target the edge of the box and getting shots in with his left foot.

It's not even a permanent signing, if he doesn't do well we don't have to buy, not sure what Leeds are playing at with all these loan clauses, they would have easily got £20m plus for him.

Watching an highlights video I didn't realize he's actually left-footed, but seems he can shoot and cross equally well with his right, so should be able to play on either wing.

Just now, useless said:

It's not even a permanent signing, if he doesn't do well we don't have to buy, not sure what Leeds are playing at with all these loan clauses, they would have easily got £20m plus for him.

Watching an highlights video I didn't realize he's actually left-footed, but seems he can shoot and cross equally well with his right, so should be able to play on either wing.

Scored an equal amount with his left and right tbf. I don't think he's that good, but obviously Unai sees something and we know how players improve under him. My other gripe is he's out for a few more weeks yet.

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He’s out injured until next month? 

Or that's the excuse Leeds are using for him not being in the starting line-up whilst he resolves his transfer?

Just now, villan95 said:

Weirdly he only signed a new contract at Leeds in April. Maybe that was to get a relegation clause in?

Leeds have lost a lot of players as they foolishly gave them loan clauses if relegated

• Like 1

Â