Harry Kane

mjmooney

19 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Still hasn’t scored a hat trick if you go by the weird German definition that all goals need to be scored in the same half.   

He did last weekend vs Darmstadt 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Never heard of that before 

Germans are weird.  But really I was hoping someone would bite so I could do my crappy visual  dad joke.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's not the rule is it?

I thought it was just 3 goals in a row, so if they'd won 4-0 last night with upamecano getting goal number 2 and kane getting 1, 3 and 4 then it's not a hattrick, as it was he got goals 2, 3 and 4 so it was a hattrick

That's Still weird though. Just get three goals for a hatrick surely?

The term is borrowed from cricket (it’s taking three wickets in three balls, apparently the first time it happened in a competitive game some people in the crowd were so impressed they bought the bowler a new hat.  🤷‍♂️) but it would have almost certainly been used for football in the UK first. 

47 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

The term is borrowed from cricket (it’s taking three wickets in three balls, apparently the first time it happened in a competitive game some people in the crowd were so impressed they bought the bowler a new hat.  🤷‍♂️) but it would have almost certainly been used for football in the UK first. 

Was it a bowler hat

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 05/11/2023 at 10:52, The_Rev said:

Still hasn’t scored a hat trick if you go by the weird German definition that all goals need to be scored in the same half.   

When I was a kid and was growing up in Poland, it's was sort of accepted that a hat trick is 3 goals in one half. 

I then moved to England and that wasn't the case, and it no longer is a case in Poland either. 

So maybe it's an old school European thing rather than strictly German. 

Â