Harry Kane

mjmooney

15 matches.. 19 goals..7 assists.

Ollie Wilson and Toney are not even playing the same game. He is so lethal and now he is not playing for Spurs i can appreciate him more. 

If he keeps this up to the same level then it will be 76 goals and 28 assists for the season and then u can add this seasons england goals to it at the end. 

He’ll not keep up this insane rate for the season but unless he gets injured then 50 in all competitions has got to be feasible. 

edit: last six weeks on Whoscored.com's  "latest matches" form guide: 

image.png.e5fb6404c9777da0a5c2463061b3bab6.png

Edited by The_Rev

21 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

19 goals now in all comps, Haaland 15. Would he be as good as Haalnad in that City team, I'd like to think yes.

He's better than Haaland. He's a better finisher, passer, has a better touch, can bring others into the game. Haaland is bigger and faster, and arguably has better movement, but I know who I'd prefer in my team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He's better than Haaland. He's a better finisher, passer, has a better touch, can bring others into the game. Haaland is bigger and faster, and arguably has better movement, but I know who I'd prefer in my team.

He is also a lot older than Haaland. Haaland has over 100 league goals more than him at this age, never mind Haaland trophy cabinet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is also a lot older than Haaland. Haaland has over 100 league goals more than him at this age, never mind Haaland trophy cabinet

In some respects, you could consider that a feather in his cap. He was a bit of a late bloomer, not to mention limited first team chances early on. Not sure if Haaland is 23 yet, but I'd take the 23 year old Kane over him too. He hasn't changed much as a player.

Also, I don't consider team trophies when judging the quality of individual players. I think he won a single DfB Pokal during his entire at Dortmund. Comes to City and immediately wins the treble. I don't think he became 3x the player in one summer.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

In some respects, you could consider that a feather in his cap. He was a bit of a late bloomer, not to mention limited first team chances early on. Not sure if Haaland is 23 yet, but I'd take the 23 year old Kane over him too. He hasn't changed much as a player.

Also, I don't consider team trophies when judging the quality of individual players. I think he won a single DfB Pokal during his entire at Dortmund. Comes to City and immediately wins the treble. I don't think he became 3x the player in one summer.

Thats absolutely insane take. Haaland has already 15 more Champions League goals than him and played for Dortmund and Salzburg before

Haaland will finish his career with at least 200 more goals. He is already only 120 or so behind with a 7 year gap

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thats absolutely insane take. Haaland has already 15 more Champions League goals than him and played for Dortmund and Salzburg before

Haaland will finish his career with at least 200 more goals. He is already only 120 or so behind with a 7 year gap

You can boil this all down to: Kane played for Spurs his whole career. They finished outside the top 4 just as many times as they didn't during his stint there.

Both players play for similarly sized clubs right now. I back Kane to score more goals this season, if they're both fit. Not that I consider goals to be the be-all, but since Haaland doesn't have much else to his game it'll have to suffice.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

You can boil this all down to: Kane played for Spurs his whole career. They finished outside the top 4 just as many times as they didn't during his stint there.

Both players play for similarly sized clubs right now. I back Kane to score more goals this season, if they're both fit. Not that I consider goals to be the be-all, but since Haaland doesn't have much else to his game it'll have to suffice.

It does appear to be easier to score goals in the German league than the English. 

Can only judge this toward the end of Haaland's career tbh. What if Kane keeps posting massive numbers for the next 3-4 years, but Haaland drops off a bit by his mid-late twenties? 

It's not what I *expect* to happen, but it's certainly *possible*, and if that happened then Kane would have been better for duration if nothing else. 

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

He did score 31 for Spurs in a season aged 21 though.  The same age as Archer now. Haaland is like Bellingham and Rooney. An adult as a kid. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Can only judge this toward the end of Haaland's career tbh. What if Kane keeps posting massive numbers for the next 3-4 years, but Haaland drops off a bit by his mid-late twenties? 

It's not what I *expect* to happen, but it's certainly *possible*, and if that happened then Kane would have been better for duration if nothing else. 

The thing about Kane is he hasn't really changed since he was about 22/23 when he broke through. You can say he expanded his passing range over the years but as a striker, he's been remarkably consistent. He's not like a Gareth Bale for example who had this huge explosion out of nowhere.

It helps in a way that he's never really been athletically gifted. His technique never really relied on that so I can see him continuing for a few more years like Lewandowski.

He, like a lot of great strikers from the 90's that I feels he's a throwback to, is a master of the first touch that sets himself up for the finish while also being out of reach of the defender (remember his second goal against us in that first game back in the PL? Completely took Mings out of the game with his touch. Was disgusting). Don't need any athleticism for that.

I guess you could say the about Haaland and his movement not relying on athleticism, but I don't think he'd be hitting 30's every season if he lost some of his explosiveness. He does score a fair few goals just powering through or by defenders, or those crazy acrobatic finishes that only he could pull off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The thing about Kane is he hasn't really changed since he was about 22/23 when he broke through. You can say he expanded his passing range over the years but as a striker, he's been remarkably consistent. He's not like a Gareth Bale for example who had this huge explosion out of nowhere.

It helps in a way that he's never really been athletically gifted. His technique never really relied on that so I can see him continuing for a few more years like Lewandowski.

He, like a lot of great strikers from the 90's that I feels he's a throwback to, is a master of the first touch that sets himself up for the finish while also being out of reach of the defender (remember his second goal against us in that first game back in the PL? Completely took Mings out of the game with his touch. Was disgusting). Don't need any athleticism for that.

I guess you could say the about Haaland and his movement not relying on athleticism, but I don't think he'd be hitting 30's every season if he lost some of his explosiveness. He does score a fair few goals just powering through or by defenders, or those crazy acrobatic finishes that only he could pull off.

Well he did explode out of nowhere to be fair.

Was never really talked about as the next big thing, made a sub appearance each under Redknapp and Villas Boas and spent time on loan at Leyton Orient, Norwich and Leicester without doing anything remarkable. 

Played a few games under Sherwood and then exploded the following season under Pochettino from October time and never looked back. 

1 hour ago, Avfc96 said:

Well he did explode out of nowhere to be fair.

Was never really talked about as the next big thing, made a sub appearance each under Redknapp and Villas Boas and spent time on loan at Leyton Orient, Norwich and Leicester without doing anything remarkable. 

Played a few games under Sherwood and then exploded the following season under Pochettino from October time and never looked back. 

For sure, I mean after that really. It was also his first real run in the first team in earnest. Once he got into the first team, he's been a steady Eddie since then. No real leaps in quality since then. It just took time for people to recognize his greatness. In my Bale example, he was in the first team for years and was steadily improving no doubt, but the 2012/13 season was something else entirely. Might as well have been a completely different player.

Serhou Guirassy back from injury with another goal. He has 15 in 9. Or rather 15 in 7 + the short cameo today and the 30 mins he played in the game he got injured. Race is on again.

• Like 2

Â