Harry Kane

mjmooney

England captain Harry Kane made his Bayern Munich debut as they lost 3-0 to RB Leipzig in the German Super Cup. 

Only hours after completing his £86m move from Tottenham on Saturday, the striker came on as 64th-minute substitute to a huge cheer at the Allianz Arena. 

He had only three touches and made little impact. 

BBC

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

England captain Harry Kane made his Bayern Munich debut as they lost 3-0 to RB Leipzig in the German Super Cup. 

Only hours after completing his £86m move from Tottenham on Saturday, the striker came on as 64th-minute substitute to a huge cheer at the Allianz Arena. 

BBC

I didn’t realise he played, I assumed he wouldn’t be registered in time.

Bit of a reality check for him.

In theory he’ll do very well there, but there’s a bit of me which wonders if it’ll be a disaster because he’s been pampered at Spurs since a teenager.

Edited by Genie

On 13/08/2023 at 09:46, mjmooney said:

BBC

3 touches in half an hour?! Have they stopped him dropping into midfield or something 😅

29 minutes ago, villan95 said:

3 touches in half an hour?! Have they stopped him dropping into midfield or something 😅

Managed to catch the end of the game. He stayed squarely in between the 2 centre backs and didn't drop at all. He's not an "on the shoulder" striker, so will be interesting to see how they use him.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Watched a bit of the pre game and first half

Pre game they were talking about how great it is for tel as he now has zero pressure and gets a brilliant opportunity to develop, he scored again today, he's on something like 5 goals for the season in around 130 mins of football

They also dropped / rested upamecano, goretzka, gnarby and Musiala, still didn't start muller

He should get at least a double this year

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Best striker of this generation. He's going to score like 50 league goals and win some trophies before people start to recognize it. 

"this generation" who else is there though? Suarez, benzema and Lewandowski? Probably

I think unfortunately for him messi and Ronaldo redefined what a goal scorer is

Just now, villa4europe said:

"this generation" who else is there though? Suarez, benzema and Lewandowski? Probably

I think unfortunately for him messi and Ronaldo redefined what a goal scorer is

Nobody will ever be on the level of those 2 aliens in our lifetime, but in terms of pure center forwards, who are also mortals he is clear imo. I remember a few years ago copping flak for saying he'd be doing just as well if not better than Lewandowski at Bayern, and now he's going to prove it.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Nobody will ever be on the level of those 2 aliens in our lifetime, but in terms of pure center forwards, who are also mortals he is clear imo. 

Mbappe is better and probably haaland too. 

Â