Harry Kane

mjmooney

Got booked against Malta for the exact same thing as he got a penalty for Spurs against Villa last season.

Going in with the keeper, begins to fall before contact is made and leaves a leg out stretched for the keeper to collide with.

Even VAR didn't over turn the original decision.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Got booked against Malta for the exact same thing as he got a penalty for Spurs against Villa last season.

Going in with the keeper, begins to fall before contact is made and leaves a leg out stretched for the keeper to collide with.

Even VAR didn't over turn the original decision.

Said in the match thread, why try an blag  penalty against Malta, were we that desperate. 

Just habit with him I expect.

• Like 1

Now the international break is over there are some weekend previews up and one of them (BBC I think) mentioned that Harry Kane would have already won last season's golden boot in the Bundesliga, which was shared by Niclas Füllkrug and Christopher Nkunku who both got 16. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just needs a Bundesliga title and a couple of Ballon d’Or wins to truly emulate Keegan’s time in Germany now.  

Veering off topic but re: Ballon d’Or, it does feel like this one was the end of the Messi - Ronaldo era.  The next one is wide open and you’d feel that a couple of English players, namely Kane and Bellingham are in with a real shout.  It will probably be dictated by what happens at the Euros but on club form those guys are making the right kind of headlines. 

30 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Wonder what Haaland would be at if him and Kane traded places this season.

Honest... I don't think as well

Their MOTD tonight didn't really show much of the goal as let's be honest it was a tap in to a virtually open net but they showed loads of his passing and dropping deep, he played an absolute peach of a ball to put Sane through on goal, they think he does more overall than lewandowski and at the same time he's obviously breaking records with his goals, he's flying there and I think his game suits their runners 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Honest... I don't think as well

Their MOTD tonight didn't really show much of the goal as let's be honest it was a tap in to a virtually open net but they showed loads of his passing and dropping deep, he played an absolute peach of a ball to put Sane through on goal, they think he does more overall than lewandowski and at the same time he's obviously breaking records with his goals, he's flying there and I think his game suits their runners 

He was running the game. Should have had 2 assists to go with his goal. He's already on 7 as it stands. I think he's the best player in the world right now. If Southgate pulls his finger out and England win the Euros, he's a shoo-in for Balon d'Or you would think.

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Surprised this hasn't been bumped, looks like he won't win the league now hilariously enough. The other funny thing is that Tuchel is actually starting Eric Dier now too when Spurs would rather play 2 full backs at centre half ahead of him.

Long way to go. Its a different ball game at the end of the season when the pressure is on. Would love to see Leverkusen win the league, but Bayern have the experience. 

You're right about Dier though :D 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Bayern looked very poor yesterday. Leverkusen have been ridiculous though, still unbeaten in all competitions.

Grimaldo is the signing of the season. Everybody banging on about Frimpong but Grimaldo has been the star full back

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Grimaldo is the signing of the season. Everybody banging on about Frimpong but Grimaldo has been the star full back

I won't pretend I've watched Leverkusen loads but they're both putting up ridiculous numbers from wingback. 18 goal contributions from Grimaldo and 13 from Frimpong in the league!

Edited by villan95

10 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I won't pretend I've watched Leverkusen loads but they're both putting up ridiculous numbers from wingback. 18 goal contributions from Grimaldo and 13 from Frimpong in the league!

Gerrard vindicated 🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, villan95 said:

How so? lol

Cos his terrible 'system' relied a lot on the full/wing backs providing the majority of the attacking output. I haven't seen Leverkusen play though. Being as they are successful it's probably totally opposite to Gerrard ball

Â