Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think we’re underestimating PAU… big signing for us and will get to play in his natural position… EL winning CB, CL CB…

Aided by Carlos, EL winning CB 

And focus Konsa at CB who has been brilliant under Unai.

Bring in a RB to push Cash.

Still so upsetting about Ty… but we shouldn’t be despondent at all…

Yeah I think if there’s one positive to the Mings injury it’s that we have the future at LCB for us in Pau. While there are clear loses from Mings injury, from a team perspective it’s not that detrimental. Not if someone like Watkins or Martinez went down.

Personally though, I am certainly depressed as Mings is pretty much my favorite athlete of all time so it’s not pleasant from a fan perspective

Edited by Aston_Villan4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

He really was. If VAR was looking at that for a sky 6 team they'd have unquestionably called it back for a foul on the defender. It's crooked. 

Same old bias and corruption as previous seasons.  And we ain’t seen nothing yet, it’s going to be much worse when we play the 2 Manc teams and Liverpool. 

We came out of the blocks like we were wearing concrete boots.  Unforgivable to be so unprepared.

Terrible defending the first 10-15 minutes

Gordon goes down at the merest touch so Cash runs around barging into him. Genius.  

I don't tend to pick on Bailey but honestly has he ever had a decent game away from home?  Or even made a meaningful contribution?  At best a passenger and at worst a liability. Surely JPB or Archer can't do any worse.

McGinn seems very subdued.

Watkins erratic as is too often the case.

Diaby looks sharp but should have done better with his second chance.

Martinez - lucky not have a red, WTF was he doing out there?

Pau has looked calm and solid. 

Kamara, Luiz, Digne and Konsa all doing ok.

Too many yellows, a red is almost inevitable.  Hopefully Emi won't be dumb enough to get it for timewasting again. 

Their defence isn't all that, we're creating chances and should really be level.

And finally there are some right drama queens on here - it's shit luck, sure, but we have depth at CB With Ezri Carlos, Pau, Chambers, plus Kamara is supposed to be able to play  CB too, and isn't Hause still with us.   And the window is still open.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Sorry fella, I may have over-reacted to this originally. Sometimes I can be a knob.

But

I have no idea what offside is anymore, and neither do the officials

No problem

the only Newcastle player that was onside crossed the ball and by then the three previously offside players were now onside - shit but that’s the rule 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Their goal was nowhere near offside lol

An offside player commits a foul on the villa defender closest to the ball. Even if he doesn't get there he can put pressure on Botman so he doesn't play the correct ball.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

'Not active'. Burn is clearly fouling Cash here too.

Great screen shot.  shows exactly why their second goal should have been disallowed.   "participating in play" nor "seeking to gain advantage" require that the offside player contact the ball.

• Like 1