Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Just now, est1874 said:

I honestly believe Philogene on for Bailey with Diaby on the other side and we would tear their defence a new one, they wouldn't able to withstand our pace and incision. 

Shame Ollie stinks up the middle, but needs must when we refuse to buy another striker.

Unbelievable 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I think that must be up there for the worst half under Emery.

Absolutely. Don’t remember anything as bad under him. Surprised if there are no changes at HT given how proactive he is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Bailey has had some decent moments this half. I think a lot of the comments about him have been really inaccurate 

He’s been very poor so I can’t agree

Just now, TomC said:

I just don't see it. Trying to force things as usual. A few sloppy passes, including one that could have cost us a goal.

To be fair, Newcastle are a very good defensive side and Bailey has been outnumbered constantly. But I can't say he's looked good.

One that was half a foot from Kamara who reacted too slowly. 

Worst half I've seen from Villa since Gerrard. I'm sure Emery will sort it but we look awful.

Mings injury doesn't look good and I still don't understand offside. The ref gave offside against Villa for exactly the same scenario that VAR allowed their 2nd goal for.

It appears they don't know the offside rule either

Well, we've been the victim of bad rules on two offsides, one for their goal and one that's cost us our Captain - we've had bookings for ridiculous things and then one booking that was perfectly correct, and we should have had a penalty for Joelinton's foul on Luiz.

Newcastle's fans are up in arms about the one booking he got right.

In fairness to them, the ref has been shit.

You can at least says he's been consistent I suppose. 

Consistently shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Digavilla said:

Our team is really unbalance , very weak on both flanks . Really missed Buendia/Moreno/Ramsey on the left

We've looked better on our left than on our right. I'm a little surprised we've gone down the right more often.

2 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Newcastle fans are pathetic - singing you’re not fit to referee to a referee that gifted them an offside goal. 

Their goal was nowhere near offside lol

• Like 2

Bailey off please

Mginn back on the right against burns, he is completely ineffective where he has been put.

Teilmans on in front of doug and kamara

Diaby on the left

Can't honestly think of one positive from Bailey today, very poor performance, lacking pace, energy, composure , skill and tactical positioning.

• Like 1