Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, Ponky said:

No wonder they hesitated. That's a nasty looking haemhorroid

Roy Keane, doesn't care for the pink boots.😀

I don't think Sir Ron would either.

4 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well judging by your last response you didn’t understand the tweet. Figured you needed a reminder. A friendly one of course.

How didn't I understand the tweet. It says the fee is 22.5 million and also has bonuses of 15.5 million. Considering they bought him for 15 million they aren't selling him for less. 

interesting deal tbh, will be interesting to see how he does, and if we make it permanent in the summer.

So in English pounds......

4.3m  loan fee, plus 1.2m loan add-ons.

Then 19.3m purchase option, with 13.3m add-ons.

So the potential deal if made permanent is basically £24-25m (loan fees plus purchase fee), with add-ons taking it up to £38-39m if all adds-ons are met (which i doubt they would tbh).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

Up there with the best signings for the club in my lifetime. Cannot wait to get him on that pitch with this squad. Got a feeling he'll make his debut Vs Hibs and you have to really feel for their poor old defence. 

Calm down down love! Are you a new born?

13 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Have to admit the jury is still out for me in this one, taking players on loan from the Turkish league who no one else seems to be chasing is not how I thought this transfer window would pan out. I really hope he is a huge success though.

For what it’s worth Bournemouth almost had him in january, and their recruitment has been great recently. Almost had Jackson too who looks great for Chelsea now but was injured. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Was only us in for Emi Martinez, Mings, Watkins, Konsa, Douglas Luiz, Cash, Moreno as far as I can remember?

Indeed, I was thinking exactly the same thing, it's a strategy. We are the polisher of rough diamonds. It's our way of trying to jump higher more quickly. Not without its risks, but fun. It's worked so far.

He is very talented. If we can keep him fit, and get him performing he will improve us. 

If he does get back to his best, the thought of him, Diaby, and Ramsey behind Watkins will terrorise opponents. Pace, power, ball carrying, and all three score goals too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Roy Keane, doesn't care for the pink boots.😀

I don't think Sir Ron would either.

In the words of… I can’t remember… “if you’re going to wear pink boots then you’d better be **** good!”

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Have to admit the jury is still out for me in this one, taking players on loan from the Turkish league who no one else seems to be chasing is not how I thought this transfer window would pan out. I really hope he is a huge success though.

@AvfcRigo82 why are you confused? It’s an opinion are we not allowed opinions anymore?

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I think that this is exactly what we’re set up to do now, with Emery and Monchi that’s what’s they do: they find the player that’s got everything we need for the system, but that needs something that we can give them. Stability, confidence, training… they’re all things that can change a player entirely. 
So if anything, this is what I was expecting and what we will get more of. 

4 hours ago, zab6359 said:

But that isn't because he isn't good enough. 

A lot of clubs won't be able to afford his wages or fee after the loan. 

He won't be interested in joining just any club. He turned down Bournmouth in January. 

We're a big enough club to attract him and take this gamble. This isn't a player desperate to just join any team. 

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But that isn't because he isn't good enough. 

A lot of clubs won't be able to afford his wages or fee after the loan. 

He won't be interested in joining just any club. He turned down Bournmouth in January. 

We're a big enough club to attract him and take this gamble. This isn't a player desperate to just join any team. 

Exactly this. We haven't picked up some chancer on a whim......good sides have looked at this guy and either haven't had the financial clout or bottle to take a punt on him. If all goes to plan we'll have broken the outgoing Turkish transfer record by some margin to have got him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zab6359 said:

That's what have you done for me lately stuff though

Look past the galatasaray move and the injury and see what he was before it, Serie a young player of the year, conference league winner, Italian international

Then look at the deal that we put in place for him which on the surface looks complicated and potentially expensive but also looks like plenty of security in it for us should he fail or get injured again

To me it looks like mings all over again, we've seen something in him and taken the risk which isn't actually much of a risk at all because it's a good loan deal

If he fulfills his pre injury potential here then we've pulled off a blinder, if he doesn't well then he doesn't and we don't buy him

Not sure what there is to moan about to be honest

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, I would assume so (SS) but after reading a few comments from those that have watched/followed him closely, he seems to be able to play in a variety of positions. Left footed attacking player but can also play in midfield and as a 10. His dribbling ability is gonna be a real asset and he’s a genuine goal threat, some exquisite finishes in his repertoire too (moreso than Ollie)…

I think Diaby would be suited to the wing, then we can probably play the usual 3 in midfield.

But who knows what Unai’s plan is…

Got to admit, now that this has been done I’m feeling a bit of an uplift and bit of positivity restored after the sickening injuries…

Wonder what else we have in store before the window closes too…

Unai is going to make us more of a force than we were last season… forget the first game…

Ollie, Diaby and Zaniolo are going to scare a few defences this season.  We'll do to a few teams this season what Newcastle did to us last weekend.  I will be very disappointed if Ollie doesn't break the 20 goal barrier this season as I think he's going to have a lot more chances created for him by his attacking partners.  Forza Villa!!!!

• Like 1

Â