alreadyexists

On 21/08/2023 at 19:05, TheMelvillan said:

At the risk of triggering the VT pun brigade, Hibs do have a centre back called Fish

Not many puns for this. VT must be Incommunicado. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Bit disrespectful. They're called comedian's. 

Meant the people that flood the city to watch and block the pavements etc. 🤣

Edited by newhavenhibby

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just like stevange eh?

There's a reason stevenge is used in these arguments...because they are so rare. 

There's also a big difference between that tie in that it's 2 legs.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

I believe you will go fairly strong for the first tie in order to put the tie out of reach, bearing in mind you have Burnley this Sunday but after the home tie next week you go to Anfield on the Sunday where it will be nice to have many of your top players nicely rested for that big test. ( no disrespect to Burnley)

My complete guess is this is what we'll do as well. For tomorrow night, play the same team that started on Sunday; if Digne is unavailable due to departure then Carlos in and Torres to left back, and if Bailey is out due to injury or being in gaol then bring Tielemans in and push McGinn further forward. Ideally we win by a margin and then can rest McGinn against Burnley and other players (not McGinn: got to play IMO!) in the second leg. Of course football doesn't usually work out so neatly, and I think the mood on this forum is too dismissive of Hibs. I'm expecting a tough game. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Oh, like Bradford you mean? :trollface:

Yes I know, different times and two managers that couldn’t be further apart. 

Touché

Just to add to my point I'm not talking about rotation of the whole squad for the game, just rotation of good players to get some game time in their legs. 

The likes of Tielemans, Diego and zaniolo should all be starting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Touché

Just to add to my point I'm not talking about rotation of the whole squad for the game, just rotation of good players to get some game time in their legs. 

The likes of Tielemans, Diego and zaniolo should all be starting. 

Agreed. Our ‘second team’ is pretty good on the whole anyway. A small amount of rotation makes sense. 

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

My complete guess is this is what we'll do as well. For tomorrow night, play the same team that started on Sunday; if Digne is unavailable due to departure then Carlos in and Torres to left back, and if Bailey is out due to injury or being in gaol then bring Tielemans in and push McGinn further forward. Ideally we win by a margin and then can rest McGinn against Burnley and other players (not McGinn: got to play IMO!) in the second leg. Of course football doesn't usually work out so neatly, and I think the mood on this forum is too dismissive of Hibs. I'm expecting a tough game. 

Rest McGinn against Burnley seriously? We are becoming obsessed with resting players. It doesn’t make us a ‘big club’

14 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

I believe you will go fairly strong for the first tie in order to put the tie out of reach, bearing in mind you have Burnley this Sunday but after the home tie next week you go to Anfield on the Sunday where it will be nice to have many of your top players nicely rested for that big test. ( no disrespect to Burnley)

Talk about going from one extreme to the other next week...........one moment you're against a Scottish pub side in front of a large Villa home support and then 3 days later you are at Anfield.......say no more!🫣'

As for Neil Lennon he should stick to Irish football and of course Celtic. As for being physical he hasn't seen our general speed so we will end up chasing shadows for most of the night..........you've got to get near them first Neil!

Welcome. I used in New Haven. Thanks for sharing your perspective here. 

We last played in Europe in 2010. Is this really the time to risk it, see Stevenage. Why are so many people arrogant enough to say play the reserves or a very weaked team and leave the full strength side for Burnley.

Yes on paper we should win, but we said that about stevenage. Look where that arrogance got us.

Go full strength, you have too. Its away from home , their crowd will be on fire it will be Intense. 

Try for a lead and see how the 2nd leg looks at home.

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 2

I think we will play a strong a side as possible and if we can gain a lead and control of the game by second half then rest some players, maybe bring on some youngsters and switch to three at the back, pretty much as we did against Everton, although I expect Hibs will give us a tougher game.

• Like 1