Joey Barton Memory Lane

Wurzel

23 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Interesting that he doesn't want a GB News job.

Maybe he is just a completely unhinged sociopath. We probably gave him a bit too much credit that he's doing this for anyparticular reason.

Thought he was a labour voter

15 hours ago, Genie said:

Sounds like Barton did some pretty awful things when a player too.

In the case of Senderos, here's a man speaking well in his second or third language and the place is overtaken by laughter at a faux pas that mostly native English speakers will understand. I know it's a joke and everything, but this lack of professionalism --- almost like a childishness -- is everywhere. 

Coincidentally, this sums up the problem with Barton: people will react, people will moan, but they won't be able to stop watching as he implodes. We're all children watching the screen waiting for the next jolt of stimulation. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to refresh the transfer window thread for another hit of that sweet dopamine. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is actually having a mental breakdown.

That's giving him more credit than he deserves.  He's identified a grift and is desperately trying to tap into it is all.

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Thought he was a labour voter

No, don't think that's the case. He was somewhat critical of the Cameron government back in the day, in a way that made it seem like he was attacking it from the left, but then said something about how he thought UKIP seemed like an interesting choice. Some similarities in journey to Russell Brand now I think about it, though Brand really did encourage people to vote Labour in 2015. 

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

No, don't think that's the case. He was somewhat critical of the Cameron government back in the day, in a way that made it seem like he was attacking it from the left, but then said something about how he thought UKIP seemed like an interesting choice. Some similarities in journey to Russell Brand now I think about it, though Brand really did encourage people to vote Labour in 2015. 

True he said UkIp were the best of 4 ugly women on qt but he also defended Jeremy Corbyn.

14 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's angered his base by admitting to being a James O'Brien fan

Cancellation incoming

Replies predictably have Nazis hawking out their books and documentaries to him for free.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Makes his entire shtick that women shouldn’t comment or commentate on men’s football, whilst publicly bullying a 17 year old goalkeeper for making a mistake in a Scottish women’s football final. He’s just an absolutely unbelievable arsehole

shes playing in a cup final against rangers at 17. Its an unreal achievement 

Edited by StefanAVFC

On 24/03/2024 at 21:18, StefanAVFC said:

Makes his entire shtick that women shouldn’t comment or commentate on men’s football, whilst publicly bullying a 17 year old goalkeeper for making a mistake in a Scottish women’s football final. He’s just an absolutely unbelievable arsehole

shes playing in a cup final against rangers at 17. Its an unreal achievement 

Only just caught up on this following a BBC article.

I'm not of the opinion that many people need a bullet, but ol' Joey does.

• Like 2

Â