Joey Barton Memory Lane

Wurzel

Joey Barton Memory Lane.....hmm.

I think in time he'll be remembered as fondly as a car accident, or the bubonic plague.

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Intervention required I think.

He's a word removed. He's always been a word removed and he's only ever going to be a bigger word removed

....but it's ramblings of a madman.

I don’t buy that’s it’s illness, I think he’s decided that he’s going to make a living out of being the next Laurence Fox/Matt Le Tissier. People should have just ignored him but the likes of Gary Neville, Laura Woods and loads of other have quote tweeted him (to challenge him) and his plan has worked because his following has grown, he’s got himself a platform and a ton of attention.

• Like 2

Barton's a complete word removed who has decided his next pay cheque is coming from farming the grifting plains of right wing clearing in the woods -ery.

The world would be marginally improved if someone ran him over.

• Like 3

someone on here must agree with him though? whenever i see an article about something he's said, 99% of replies seem to be in agreement with him. is villatalk really that much nicer than social media? or are people just hiding as they know they'd be in the minority?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

someone on here must agree with him though? whenever i see an article about something he's said, 99% of replies seem to be in agreement with him. is villatalk really that much nicer than social media? or are people just hiding as they know they'd be in the minority?

Even knob heads will say something someone might agree with.

But

Joey Barton has always been a knob head, so most regular folk will just avoid him 

People on social media are insane. It's why old clearings in the woods like Gervais who are never of it have such a distorted view on the modern world.

• Like 1

If you’re seeing or referring to Barton’s Twitter account polls that he does himself, the vote is likely going to result in people agreeing with him because he’s asking people who follow him, the vast majority of whom will be following him because they hold his opinion in some regard.

That being said, I do think VT is more liberal minded/nicer than most forums and other social media platforms. But I don’t think we’re that much of an outlier on something like this. I’ve had a look at other club’s forums who are discussing this particular thug and the majority of voices and opinions are of an anti Barton stance. 

40 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

most regular folk will just avoid him 

suspect this is just it. people are just like "you know what, not even going to bother engaging"

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The guy is just a word removed. We all knew he was a word removed, and now he’s just reminding us all of how much of a word removed he really is. 

Let him join GB News and we can forget about him

He's too wild even for there. I do think that was his ambition, but he's gone about it in the wrong way. They want right-wing TV hosts of course, but you don't see other GB News presenters taking to Twitter to send Ed Balls a message calling his kid a 'mentally ill tra**y', that's not the vibe. 

I will begrudgingly admit I thought he was a good player at times in his career and at times he was better than some of what we had.

But he is no Matt Le Tissier who is in the same boat but was a quality player at least

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I will begrudgingly admit I thought he was a good player at times in his career and at times he was better than some of what we had.

But he is no Matt Le Tissier who is in the same boat but was a quality player at least

He was alright, an average Premier League midfielder, sort of like a prime Mark Noble (but much less professional). But he didn't play in Europe, and was on the field for England for about 8 minutes in his one and only cap, facts which ought to give him pause when he's complaining about women commenting on levels of football they haven't personally experienced. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

I tend to ignore people like him but it’s difficult not to because the majority of people who disagree with him/dislike him give him what he craves which is attention. 

Comparing women commentators/pundits to actual serial killers is mad. 

Blokes completely gone off the rails since he was sacked but it's giving him the attention he so obviously craves. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He was alright, an average Premier League midfielder, sort of like a prime Mark Noble (but much less professional). But he didn't play in Europe, and was on the field for England for about 8 minutes in his one and only cap, facts which ought to give him pause when he's complaining about women commenting on levels of football they haven't personally experienced. 

I think its more that we were mainly crap when he played. Absolute no defence for his current status, he wasnt as good as he thinks he was

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Who knows nobody is going to come on this thread and admit to it. Basically hss just a head case. 

Â