Romelu Lukaku

nick76

55 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've watched Lukaku his whole career and he's epitome of a flat track bully and some European leagues just don't cut it with PL so I think he's done in terms of returning to PL

120 Premier League goals is not a flat track bully

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Sounds fantastic out of context

Not sure how its out of context if its the league we are in.

Also 17 goals against the scum 6 while playing mostly for Everton and a near one in two Champions League record

Club      
Everton FC Everton FC 166 87 29
Inter Milan Inter Milan 132 78 23
RSC Anderlecht RSC Anderlecht 98 41 18
Manchester United Manchester United 96 42 13
Chelsea FC Chelsea FC 59 15 3
West Bromwich Albion West Bromwich Albion 38 17 7

10 Belgium Belgium    108

https://www.transfermarkt.com/romelu-lukaku/alletore/spieler/96341/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=GB1&pos=&minute=&pos=&torart=&stand=

Pretty much only at Chelsea where he hasn't delivered.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Would be flop back in PL... again! hopefully not for us. Worse than Coutinho vibes 

Are emotions like the seasons in the southern hemisphere? Do they get flipped as well? Summer here, winter there. Excited by being linked to one of the top strikers in the world, annoyed by it? I can't remember a single positive reaction by you to anyone we are linked to. Who do you want us to buy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Looks like the transfer window is reaching its fag-end. No-one’s even bothering to add “but if Emery wants him, that’s fine with me” after they have dissed the latest transfer target (see threads for Tielemans, Torres and Diaby). 

This thread will make interesting reading if we do sign him.

Firm no from me, his body type at his age is a likely injury waiting to derail his/our season. No favorable sell-on value. He's also a bit of a drama queen, and we don't need that kind of distraction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It seems like yesterday he and Benteke were the next big thing.

So true, I remember we signed Benteke late on, on deadline day, and I think the announcement went on the OS a bit later than the deadline. I’d never heard of him, and I don’t think anyone had really. 

Â