Romelu Lukaku

nick76

2 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Only 10 league goals in Serie A last season compared to previous seasons he has got 20+ I personally think we've seen the best of him. 

Walk me through why his numbers in all comps were particularly bad.

Screenshot_2023-07-16-13-04-11-436-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Have you been drinking? 

Screenshot_2023-07-16-13-01-37-427-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yes. Have you. Do his last stint in PL before he got shipped off. Cue financial investment ad disclaimer "current returns do not guarantee future results"

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes. Have you. Do his last stint in PL before he got shipped off. Cue financial investment ad disclaimer "current returns do not guarantee future results"

Bro, you're not particularly coherent - let's pick this up when you've slept it off 😅

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So 14 goals in 37 appearances throw in the 7 assists, haven't we got someone like that in Watkins with figures similar to that or better ? Like I said look back over previous seasons his figures are far better than that & in his prime he was a beast of a striker, just don't see him in his prime anymore, not saying he is shite all of a sudden just think we've seen the best of him. & if you gave me the choice of either Watkins or Lukaku under Emery I'd go Watkins, stats are similar to Lukaku's last season but you don't get the work ethic Watkins gives you & I think Watkins will be better this season regards stats than last season. 

• Like 1

Fwiw I expect this is Lukaku's agent/team that are creating a story and some interest after Inter slammed the door on him when they found out he was negotiation with Juve behind their backs.

Inter have decided to step back from Romelu Lukaku deal with Chelsea. The Blues will be informed in the coming hours, as the player has not answered to Inter calls (from the manager and his team-mates) in the last days. Lukaku started to speak with Juventus long time ago, while Inter were preparing to play the Champions League final. Last night, the Belgian striker called Inter sporting director, Piero Ausilio, who politely informed the player, in a phone call that lasted around 30 seconds, that he was not in their plans anymore. Therefore, it's now over between Romelu Lukaku and Inter, and the Nerazzurri will explore the market for other strikers. Juventus keep their interest in him, should they sell Dusan Vlahovic. Chelsea and Saudi Arabia are the other options for Lukaku.  

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/inter-pull-out-of-lukaku-race-details-and-backstory/

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Because he is on the decline, he's getting older, his numbers are going to be on the decline like they have been this season. If he keeps up his weight gaining then he also soon be the Ade Akinfenwa of Serie A.

He is finished at PL level too and another one for the $audi L£ague.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Frodo said:

So 14 goals in 37 appearances throw in the 7 assists, haven't we got someone like that in Watkins with figures similar to that or better ? Like I said look back over previous seasons his figures are far better than that & in his prime he was a beast of a striker, just don't see him in his prime anymore, not saying he is shite all of a sudden just think we've seen the best of him. & if you gave me the choice of either Watkins or Lukaku under Emery I'd go Watkins, stats are similar to Lukaku's last season but you don't get the work ethic Watkins gives you & I think Watkins will be better this season regards stats than last season. 

It was an improvement on the season before. He's had a very disrupted time of it lately and he needs to find the right place to thrive. Someone of his talent with Emery at the helm could be a serious combination.

As others have detailed though, this has to be a non-starter given the wages involved.

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It was an improvement on the season before. He's had a very disrupted time of it lately and he needs to find the right place to thrive. Someone of his talent with Emery at the helm could be a serious combination.

As others have detailed though, this has to be a non-starter given the wages involved.

Agreed regards wages & I just don't see him entertaining us as an option for some reason 👍

Not that he will sign but if he did he would score 20 league goals next season. Watkins movement would allow him the space to run riot and not use him as a targetman like Chelsea did

• Like 1

Â