Romelu Lukaku

nick76

Lukaku is a fine striker who isn’t what most people think (a target man) as Chelsea found out.

Having said that, the financials to make this deal happen will be crazy.

I doubt there is anything to it.

• Like 3

I'd be amazed if we were to pay the type of fee Chelsea would expect for a 30 year old striker. On his day he's unplayable but unfortunately those days are few and far between now. On loan it might be an interesting proposition if the financials were right, but to be honest, I really can't see this happening.

14 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Lukaku is a fine striker who isn’t what most people think (a target man) as Chelsea found out.

Having said that, the financials to make this deal happen will be crazy.

I doubt there is anything to it.

No he's a goalscorer than generally contributes nothing, the ball bounces off him for fun, misses sitters.

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Collymore once tweeted a photo of himself with Jack’s dad falsely suggesting Jack was staying. He always tweets nonsense then deletes it.

ahhh yes, i do remember that now!

• Like 1

Emery is building a team. Each player he buys is a building block in his project. Lukaku (who is now an over paid, ageing, overweight, low energy front man) doesn't fit in to any sort of vision that Emery and NSWE have for their 'project'.

Why would Unai replace Ollie Watkins with a has been?

6 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I'd be amazed if we were to pay the type of fee Chelsea would expect for a 30 year old striker.

I would too - although he'll probably go for 'only' about £20m in the end this summer - Chelsea don't want him and would really like his wage off their books and Inter don't want to pay because they'll need the money to pay his wages - it's a stand off between those two as to who wants to take the hit and I think they're using us and others in an effort to push the pain onto the other side.

We are not at a level where we can turn down the opportunity to sign the likes of Lukaku and Felix. They are both a level above anything we have at ST and AM. To suggest you wouldn't have either player at Villa is madness! 

Edited by Made In Aston

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

This guy and Paul pogba are the worst people in football, overpaid,spoilt, lazy, selfish, zero class, truly awful person 

He really isn’t what suggests that he is truly and awful person? Gary Neville spouting nonsense about him all the time? The man speaks 8 different languages fluently , donates millions to charity and had one of the best goalscoring records in Europe until Chelsea decided to ruin him. He isn’t the player he used to be but this agenda people have against him is disgraceful.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We are not at a level where we can turn down the opportunity to sign the likes of Lukaku and Felix. They are both a level above anything we have at ST and AM. To suggest you wouldn't have either player at Villa is madness! 

I’ll take Felix all day. But Lukaku is a waste of space on the pitch. I’ll gladly be called mad for that.

Would anybody take him on loan paying (let’s say) 50% wages which I think would be about £160k per week….assume an option to buy at the end of the loan?

Even though I started the thread because I saw the link, I still don’t know how I feel about this link so just hypothetically put out a loan idea for discussion

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Would anybody take him on loan paying (let’s say) 50% wages which I think would be about £160k per week….assume an option to buy at the end of the loan?

Even though I started the thread because I saw the link, I still don’t know how I feel about this link so just hypothetically put out a loan idea for discussion

You been over in the Summer Transfer Window thread nicking my ideas?

Â