Brennan Johnson

alreadyexists

20 hours ago, rjw63 said:

At least that would be his real initials, unlike Jacob Ramsey, who should be "JR". And there is no sane reason why that's not the case.

His brothers are AJ and CJ. It's probably just a family thing. 

54 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

His brothers are AJ and CJ. It's probably just a family thing. 

The story is that when he was playing as a young kid there was another jacob in the team so he was called JJ . Then it just became a family thing 

55 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think it's a non starter. He would absolutely cost 60m. Just like JWP it's next to impossible to get teams crown jewels out of PL teams without paying a Kings ransom nowadays.

It is ridiculous when you could pick up a highly rated French international winger for about £40m and we would have to pay 50-60m for some unproven kid with one PL season under his belt. Im pretty sure Johnson doesn't have a higher ceiling than Diaby by any means either. 

Edited by Made In Aston

Not a link that really excited me or was expected. As others have said, would expect there to be better value and higher quality/potential we would target.

But… Unai gets what Unai wants, so all for it if that’s true…

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not a link that really excited me or was expected. As others have said, would expect there to be better value and higher quality/potential we would target.

But… Unai gets what Unai wants, so all for it if that’s true…

We do need more English / Association trained players. Plus Johnson has the forward versatility which is a key attribute. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, string28 said:

Got a feeling Brentford maybe where he ends up?

Brentford being interested in breaking their transfer record is very encouraging. Brentford and Brighton are peerless in their recruitment

this crap winds me up. it's not like forest have been turning down big bids for him and blocking a move. really bugs me when players do stuff like this to force a move.

would find it kinda funny now if he ends up staying and as good as he is i'm glad it's not us he's likely ending up at

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Got injured on international duty apparently.

Convenient excuse 🤔🤔🤔

to be fair, most of our players who played international qualifiers are back today either so not reading too much into it

Edited by theboyangel

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this crap winds me up. it's not like forest have been turning down big bids for him and blocking a move. really bugs me when players do stuff like this to force a move.

would find it kinda funny now if he ends up staying and as good as he is i'm glad it's not us he's likely ending up at

The oldies among us will remember  Pierre van Hooijdonk going on strike in 1998 and then having to return to their squad 3 months later. They went down.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I think he's a great prospect myself. 22 years of age 8 goals in the Premier League in his first season. Would be a.great signing.

I'd love him, he's what we need but I dont see how we get him out of there without a 20m mark up.

I think he's a good player with lots of potential. If he fulfills the potential then the 50m fee (or whatever it will cost) won't be an issue. I just have doubts whether he will fulfill that potential. 

In Unai we trust. 

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Forest decision makers in a meeting room right now having a meltdown that they've been forced to sell their prized asset because he's removed "#NFFC" from his bio. 

They should sue him for loss of earnings now he's done so much to force a move away.

In all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised if this is a heightened version of Chuk for us. They need to get money back for all the cash they've been splashing last year and if they sell a lad from the academy for big money it's pure profit. 

If we're linked to him I would imagine there's a release clause in his contract to sell to clubs in Europe that the club has been alerted to. 

As mentioned in the summer transfers chat, he's on the books of an agency that has a lot of Villa prospects of a similar age on their books (Ramsay brothers, Azaz, Archer, etc) so we might have been dropped a quiet heads up from them about his clause if they want to help him move on this window. 

Forest are in danger of second season syndrome and the owner is volatile so Johnson could be on the bench under a random Serbian manager bottom of the table by September. He's got that to consider whilst his stock is high. 

• Like 1

Â