Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, FLVillan said:

10 goals, 7 assists in all comps, playing as a second striker/winger, first season in the league, new country, new club.  Not as bad as all that... 

Is the correct answer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FLVillan said:

10 goals, 7 assists in all comps, playing as a second striker/winger, first season in the league, new country, new club.  Not as bad as all that... 

Plenty of people wrote Bailey off. He’s become vital.

The same will happen for Diaby - and, as you say, he’s had a decent first season in any case. 

• Like 2

It's so weird - has the odd moment where he looks brilliant, but too often looks weak and off the pace.

Hopefully he'll be on it on Thursday and after a good preseason be up to Bailey's level next year.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Is the correct answer.

I think the eye test says......is it?

He has scored some good goals, and had some good moments......but he has also had too many quite passive moments, where he has offered no threat....and looked like a passenger.

It's not always about just scoring, and that is difficult to say, to get context......it's more about being a constant threat and nuisance...where the opposition are constantly on their toes.

I don't think he offers that with any consistency..........................yet.

Hoping he has a better, next season.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

You probably said something similar about Bailey before his renaissance.

Very true. Bailey I suspect is an anomaly rather than the norm. I’ll be pleasantly surprised and happy if Diaby turns things around, still doesn’t take away from the fact he’s been atrocious this season. 

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Very true. Bailey I suspect is an anomaly rather than the norm. I’ll be pleasantly surprised and happy if Diaby turns things around, still doesn’t take away from the fact he’s been atrocious this season. 

Don't talk utter nonsense. He's been far from atrocious even if there is room for improvement in his overall game.

Why you always so negative about so many players. It's so boring  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Don't talk utter nonsense. He's been far from atrocious even if there is room for improvement in his overall game.

Why you always so negative about so many players. It's so boring  

He has been atrocious. Especially given his price tag.

We can’t afford too many Diaby’s in transfer windows. We need more Rogers types. Good players. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He has been atrocious. Especially given his price tag.

We can’t afford too many Diaby’s in transfer windows. We need more Rogers types. Good players. 

If he's been atrocious, then words don't have meanings.

• Like 4

I think it's fair to say, most fans expected more from him.

Will he follow a similar path to Bailey?....not sure, hope so, if he doesn't improve, we have wasted, some dough.

I think the biggest worry is, he doesn't look a threat....scores some great goals, but it's like a token gesture.

I also wonder where this blistering pace, is?....he was supposed to have.

I guess, we will just have to wait and see, if he finds some form from somewhere, that has prompted us to part with a record breaking fee.

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Very true. Bailey I suspect is an anomaly rather than the norm. 

I keep coming back in my mind to the fact that Bailey played under Gerrard during the time he was awful and it is Emery who has turned him around. 

I basically ignore any opinions informed about players in the Gerrard period, all bets are off there. 

What worries me is Diaby has had his entire time here under Emery. He's not going to suddenly enjoy improved/proper coaching as he's had it already. 

Inconsistency is his problem. When he's not scored/assisted, which has been great, he's been a complete passenger, an anchor dragging down the team performance. 

Very strange player.  Which are you going to get? Electric or square wheel? 

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bit of a turn around in your opinion of him from when he was in form don't you think?

On 17/09/2023 at 07:06, Delphinho123 said:

Cracking player.

Can see him playing as our out and out striker when Ramsey comes back. 

On 29/10/2023 at 17:58, Delphinho123 said:

MOTM probably. Love the way he finds pockets of space and wants to turn and hurt the opposition. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Bit of a turn around in your opinion of him from when he was in form don't you think?

Yeh, absolutely. When players are playing well I’ll praise them, no doubt. He played well in his first few matches but has gone to s*** since then. 

When he turns it around, I’ll praise him again.

Not a difficult concept to grasp. He deserves to be called out for being garbage for 6 months. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, absolutely. When players are playing well I’ll praise them, no doubt. He played well in his first few matches but has gone to s*** since then. 

When he turns it around, I’ll praise him again.

Not a difficult concept to grasp. He deserves to be called out for being garbage for 6 months. 

Form is form. Players go in and out of it wildly (most of the time). All we can do is trust in our recruitment that they have got things right.

The major positives are his initial showings which looked fantastic and his fairly good return stats-wise. 

Overall, his return in terms of G+A this season has been pretty solid given its his first season. 

You also said he's been atrocious this season, which, when taking into account all 36 games is fundamentally not true. 

Â