Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yep. I'm not saying he won't ever come good. 

Just right now he looks a complete bust. 

Yeah, frustrating player, as was Bailey. I am sure he will come good. But yes headless chicken moments, we could probably go through the Bailey thread at the start and pick out the same things.

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Tonight was EXACTLY why I said I didnt want him on in a game where we need a goal. My take doesnt seem so silly now does it?

Was waiting for this 👍 I see your point, I do 👍 he came off the bench against Chelsea in the week to score, so you'd think that would give him confidence coming off the bench in this game but was the totally opposite, Emery"s decision to take Bailey off was bizarre in my eyes, utd had no answer to him, the chance Diaby had just shows there is something up, confidence probably, but if that chance falls to Bailey we score 😞 as for Diaby it's a mirror of Bailey 12 months ago, Emery kept giving him minutes even tho he was poor & come out the other end the player he is now, I firmly believe Diaby will go the same way 👍

In his early days he proved himself as an intelligent player. Right now he doesn't even look that, but that will come back.

What is a concern is his inability to beat a man.

I think it's different situation to Bailey. When we sign Bailey we just sold Grealish and am just happy to be free of relegation and Bailey replaced Trezequet, no high bar really. 

Now we are aiming top 4 it's different. To achieve that we need to be ruthless and if he's not performing, others should be given a chance or change the formation and play without him. 

• Like 1

Everyone comparing him to Bailey when he joined. I don’t see it. Bailey gave us more than him. Baileys main issue was that he was hampered by injury over and over again. 

Needs pressure off his shoulders for now. Would honestly send Rogers out ahead of him. 

The rapidity of his decline is only matched by the rapidity of Bailey’s improvement. Every time Diaby gets the ball he looks lost for ideas. At the start of the season his awareness was excellent and he looked like he’d be an assist machine. What’s happened to him? 

It’s like there’s some kind of leverkusen curse where only one of him or Bailey can be on form at the same time 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like him but it’s bit of a concern when a team can sell their best player and then be in contention to do a Leicester.

Are you comparing Leverkusen potentially winning the Bundesliga to when Leicester won the Premier League?

Thats a bit of a stretch… Leverkusen have been one of Germanys biggest teams for years (despite the fact that Bayern had a monopoly on it with Dortmund being the only side seemingly capable of challenging them)… Leverkusen had had regular European football for years…

Leicester had only just avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth and then went on to win the fairytale of fairytales

• Like 2

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

Are you comparing Leverkusen potentially winning the Bundesliga to when Leicester won the Premier League?

Thats a bit of a stretch… Leverkusen have been one of Germanys biggest teams for years (despite the fact that Bayern had a monopoly on it with Dortmund being the only side seemingly capable of challenging them)… Leverkusen had had regular European football for years…

Leicester had only just avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth and then went on to win the fairytale of fairytales

Fair enough. Daft comparison. Bayer have never won the league before though so it will be a shock if they pull it off.

Â