Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

He can stay away thanks.

A focused Jack Grealish is one of the best in the world. But he's worth at least what we sold him for now. Not gonna happen. But I'd welcome him back if it ever did (so long as he isn't a spent force).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think he's got a bit of bumblingness to him almost like rawness if he was a youngster, the 3rd touch there is off his shin and unintentional

The pitch looked a bit of a mess, tbf.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Haven’t seen the match back yet so I’m going to ask the most boring question of the thread so far: how was he off the ball? Both in terms of finding space in offensive positions, as well as tucking in and tracking back defensively? 

In terms of finding space and running from deep he was good as you can see from the goal. Teams that play a high line against us will be punished by his pace and we have the passers in the middle to pick him out.

Defensively too hard to tell as it seemed Philogene dropped so Diaby was playing further forward and not having to tuck in so much. By then there had been so many changes the game was a big ragged.

He understandably looks a bit raw but once he has found his feet in this league he could be a top player for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is going to be just like Ash Young. As in he will get every villa fan off his seat everytime he gets on the ball. 

Oh please.  it's been so long since we've had that.  The anticipation something is about to happen when they get moving.  Bailey had it for a but but now I don't really get excited to see him on the ball, no more than any other player anyway.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Oh please.  it's been so long since we've had that.  The anticipation something is about to happen when they get moving.  Bailey had it for a but but now I don't really get excited to see him on the ball, no more than any other player anyway.

Reminds me of when Yorke broke through into the first team. He'd come on as a sub, and everytime he got the ball, everyone around me in the Holte simultaneously shouted 'Go on, skin him Yorkie!'.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Almost the opposite with Bailey last season - whenever he got the ball i was dreading how he'd either end up stuck in a blind alleyway or who he would lose the ball to.

I think he'll be much better this season though with some Emery coaching behind him.

The exact polar opposite of that phenomenon was the brief, unhappy period where MON would play Carlos Cuellar at right back. Loved the guy, but I used to sit down so fast when he got the ball out wide I think I did lasting damage to my tailbone

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Jesus I remember how hyped I was about Bailey after that Everton goal.  All downhill from there.

• Haha 1

Â