Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Neither do ours unless you think a ship and a lion is the same thing.

Who said anything about ships.
image.png.20bcc2dbaa317a7a6563c1e9e714a72b.pngNew club crest unveiled by Aston Villa after vote by supporters ...

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

Looking from a slightly different angle at cricket.

Birmingham Bears and Warwickshire are simplistic but instantly recognisable.

I'm sure we could do something with just the lion, modernise it maybe?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

But none of them look idential to another team's badge in the division.

Timberwolves and 76ers look like they belong to the same parent group.  At least as much as we look like Chelsea at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

Looking from a slightly different angle at cricket.

Birmingham Bears and Warwickshire are simplistic but instantly recognisable.

I'm sure we could do something with just the lion, modernise it maybe?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'd prefer if we were a club not a franchise.

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Timberwolves and 76ers look like they belong to the same parent group.  At least as much as we look like Chelsea at the moment. 

Maybe they look like distant cousins. Yet we look like Chelsea's better looking identical twin.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

I'd prefer if we were a club not a franchise.

Nobody is saying we are a franchise. We are a club and thats what we'll always be.

It's merely examples from another sport.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Ah OK. Again, there are NBA logos that are equally similar.

Thre wasn't really out of the ones you just showed. Ours are like two drafts of the same badge—ours is much better. Chelsea's is pants, but still, in the modern era they came first whether we like it or not and regardless of the badge being ours back in the day. We can't really compete for reach with a team like Chelsea, and travelling the exact same path as them with the badge is just silly imo.

The gaslamp option for me is a perfect modernised version of our late 90s/00s badge and I literally love it. It's perfect. There's no wasted space at all—all the focus is on the name and the lion. Sure, the colours could and probably should be tweaked to make the lion stand out even more, but you can't do better than that.

Riquissimo...

image.jpeg.0e26345c46b4d625656c1d8f8b4fdb0c.jpeg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Nobody is saying we are a franchise. We are a club and thats what we'll always be.

It's merely examples from another sport.

Examples that makes their respective entities look like NHL franchises. Even if they are not. Just feels dumbed down. Yay! Go Lions!

• Like 2

It's difficult - I also like the gaslamp shield and I think Heck would prefer a shield - but you can't really bring that one back when it was so heavily outvoted by the fanbase when put up against the round badge - you'd get a load of noise about ignoring fans, and potentially some opposition from the FA on their cultural objects rulings so they'll need to come up with something that's in some way different to the (very good) Gaslamp shield but still meets Heck's liking for a traditional shield.

The diamond ones are horrible - and thankfully I don't think there's any appetite in the club to do anything extreme.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see something very traditional next season for the 150th (just a lion?) followed by a slightly cleaned up version of last years shield for the season after and the foreseeable future.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

All of this just makes me wonder, again, why a perfectly good revamp as approved by fans has been set aside for yet more tinkering and ultimately bickering. 

Agreed

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah I thought the same, especially on the gaslight one. But I think a gold lion looks better than a claret one,  especially so on our primary shirt colour, and it's just the fact it was washed out by a blue background that made it bad before. 

Gold lions do look cool, and are a suitably lion colour.

Could anyone explain to me why people think Heck's 76ers rebrand is so good? 

I think it looks bland, lacking in personality, and overall just a bit shit tbh.

Their previous logo/brand was admittedly dated but still much much more distinct and interesting to me.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

That would be me, you can view the full thing here:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/147539317/Aston-Villa-Crest-Redesign-Concept

I'll post the images again below:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm planning on exploring this and another idea further if work allows over the summer, just to pass the time as much as anything, I'll be sure to post here if I do.

What I'd like to see (if you don't mind my input), is the horizontal line removed from the A, so it's more symmetrical, with the new lion placed centrally within the newly created space and facing the new way (I'm already used to it).

Your design idea was my favourite by a distance last time round

• Like 1

Â