Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

3 hours ago, Rolta said:

Maybe they look like distant cousins. Yet we look like Chelsea's better looking identical twin.

Disagree, there are more differences between ours and Chelsea than the two I mentioned. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

For reference, I think the ones we ended up with lacked vibrancy and definition. Especially on a claret shirt. I think swapping some colours over would have made them both better....

reworkedvilla.thumb.png.a18d42f955069adf91f165025cfa104d.png

I've been saying the lion HAS to be gold. These are much better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

Could anyone explain to me why people think Heck's 76ers rebrand is so good? 

I think it looks bland, lacking in personality, and overall just a bit shit tbh.

Their previous logo/brand was admittedly dated but still much much more distinct and interesting to me.

He might have been working under league-imposed constraints. 

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I wonder if PREPARED makes a return...probably not, but I always thought it was unique.

It was right that it disappeared when it did. One thing we weren't was prepared.

Could be argued that it perfectly describes Emery's Villa though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Yet it does.

They happen to be round with a lion inside. They don’t look “identical.”  And let’s be honest. Chelsea’s lion looks more like some weird lizard creature.

Also, you do realize this was our badge back in the 70s-90s right?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Billson said:

Personally just think adding a yellow border makes a big difference and helps it stand out more, just like the old badge. Oh, and the lion facing the usual way.

Villa.jpg

Pretty sure our first ever logo had the lion going to the right.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

If you throw away our heritage just to become a 'unique brand entity', you are selling out big time.

The badge was chosen as an option originally specifically because of it's historic use. 

We can't copy other clubs, but going the other way and alienating our own history to avoid it being similar to Chelsea, who essentially copied us, is similarly desperate.

Like 13 years as our primary badge. Our heritage isn't just a circle. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the big concern that he has with the 2022 round crest is that it too closely resembles Chelsea and that globally, that's seen as us imitating, even though English fans wouldn't see it that way.

Although if you're a nerd, like me, you'd say that we imitated Chelsea to begin with.

Our first round badge was used in 1973, some 20 years after Chelsea had first used this one -

image.png

• Like 4

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Although if you're a nerd, like me, you'd say that we imitated Chelsea to begin with.

Our first round badge was used in 1973, some 20 years after Chelsea had first used this one -

image.png

Indeed. It bugs me when we claim we were the original circle.

I guess, at a push, you could say that was two ribbons made to look like a circle, but we cant claim we aren't copying them really. 

When Aston Villa was founded there was no history. There wasn't even a Football League until we appeared.

We were the pioneers, the innovators, the most important club in the world.

If William McGregor were a young man leading our club today he wouldn't be advocating for a round badge.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

image.png

Wasn’t their original badge a bearded dude in a circle?

• Like 1

I may be coming across as a pedant here, but I'm allowed to because this is my job and it's important to me.

Even those shitehawks on the blue side of Manchester were using round badges well before us.

We need to be looking forwards. Just because none of us on VT can imagine what it might look like, that doesn't mean it isn't possible.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

If William McGregor were a young man leading our club today he wouldn't be advocating for a round badge.

Just the lion. He brought the lion to the club and now the lion represents him, his work and his ideals 

• Like 2

Â