Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Just now, punkymonkey666 said:

Still bland. And pretty much a replica of City Group's badge style.

1587953699409.png

It’s mainly the “order of colours” that I like, I’m not really advocating a round badge so much. The border and text is too large in proportion to the lion, but it’s still better than the current offering imo.

Stand-alone lion would probably work best.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, floody555 said:

My point wasn't meant to blame the fans. When it came to the point of new crest we shouldn't be looking back which is why they changed the lion but then went to a previous circle badge LOL

We could have kept the circle concept if that was what the fans were leaning towards and have the wording in a circular shape without it being encased in a circle.  I think I've seen a few examples on here already and good 1s, I get the feeling from what that Heck has done in his previous role, we may be going to a lion only, Just a feeling.

I’d not be surprised, the Philadelphia MLS team is doing the “core of logo” only thing as well, at least on 3rd kit (google Philadelphia Union 3rd kit, you’ll see, can’t screenshot on my phone and attach)

Edited by 479Villan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Been on the back of the kit for years, it’s fine for this. 

We may end up there, but I don’t think it’s a “we are giving you hints.”

• Like 1

On 02/07/2023 at 09:24, Jas10 said:

Superior, inc the colour scheme:

spacer.png

This is about as nice as a round badge can be I think, much better than what we got and would be even better with the newer lion, but it's still just a round badge an will automatically look Man City/Chelsea inspired.

Prefer the new lion and prefer Aston Villa to AVFC 

For clarity, I want the new badge we voted for but seeing as they are dumping it then the above is the next best thing. Just get rid of the Lerner one please.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

39 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I really hope we don't end up with a stand alone lion

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That would be awful cant believe some people are pushing for that. Its dull and boring

It just seems likely, modern design/trend and whatnot… 

What exactly would you prefer? 

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Just as a starting idea and then incorporate something similar into a gold shield with either AVFC or Aston Villa? 

image.thumb.jpeg.67ac675de1b977fa6d9efd59368cebbd.jpeg

Not sure tbh, I’ve not seen many “good looking” designs like that… needs to have a  well designed lion image… I think a lot of people would protest to just having the head of the lion and not the full, rampant one… that’s the difficult thing here, some/most people don’t want to lose any of the elements of the past, some are more willing to embrace change and go more modern, and many are in between or not bothered 😆

I think the club wasted a lot of time and money on the latest design, and it’s only temporary now anyway. Too “safe” and samey, unambitious… not much of a selection at all. You need to be bold…

Check out the vid I linked earlier, claret and blue podcast, they tried a couple of designs and got Rob’s views… neither of them were very impressive though 🤣

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not sure tbh, I’ve not seen many “good looking” designs like that… needs to have a  well designed lion image… I think a lot of people would protest to just having the head of the lion and not the full, rampant one… that’s the difficult thing here, some/most people don’t want to lose any of the elements of the past, some are more willing to embrace change and go more modern, and many are in between or not bothered 😆

I think the club wasted a lot of time and money on the latest design, and it’s only temporary now anyway. Too “safe” and samey, unambitious… not much of a selection at all. You need to be bold…

Check out the vid I linked earlier, claret and blue podcast, they tried a couple of designs and got Rob’s views… neither of them were very impressive though 🤣

I would prefer something different and bold as well.

Yeah, I’ve watched the podcast and quite liked the idea of Dan’s with some tweaks but as starting point it was interesting.

Even the Luke 1977 emblem/logo could be a starting point? Quite like the idea of just a lions head. 

Edited by ferguson1

Â