Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It doesn’t help when we have Burnley’s kit, Burnley has West Ham’s kit, and West Ham has our kit this season 

Variety is the spice of shite.

• Haha 1

For me our lion is rubbish and it needs an overhaul (where's Chip Foose when you need him) so I had a blast at trying to make him a bit more aggressive and lion esque

image.png.fb6edf1fb224d0448957824f92568b14.png

• Like 1

With our last home game nine days away, I wonder if the club might take the opportunity to launch things then

If we make the final, then I guess there's a good reason to delay a little and we might wait until contracts end with existing suppliers anyway and launch in July, but I guess there is a chance we could go on the 13th in some way.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

They are blatantly waiting until champions league qualification is confirmed to try to minimize the inevitable shitstorm that will follow. 

If they got cold feet over the round badge they must surely know that sentiment to the new drop shadow thing is even more negative.

Maybe they will decide it is a one season wonder for the 150th (like they decided the round one was a one season wonder) and go nick to the drawing board again? Clutching at straws now I know but the drop shadow thing is hideous

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, burchy said:

For me our lion is rubbish and it needs an overhaul (where's Chip Foose when you need him) so I had a blast at trying to make him a bit more aggressive and lion esque

No offence mate but this looks like one of my grandads blue prison tattoos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Callum said:

No offence mate but this looks like one of my grandads blue prison tattoos. 

He was kind enough to model for me 😜

I always like the no offence statement as it’s 100% always followed by something offensive 🤣

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

He was kind enough to model for me 😜

I always like the no offence statement as it’s 100% always followed by something offensive 🤣

It’s all love man - says more about my bloodline than anything 😅

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, burchy said:

Nice that you illustrated a unique lion. Good work.

however, it’s too aggressive. Villa is not an aggressive club. We are an old club, a founding club. We are regal, noble and full of pride. 

more akin to Richard the lion heart than X-men’s Sabretooth 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Old news but… if it’s a choice between this (although I’d prefer darker detailing/contrast on the lion) and the plain yellow drop shadow shit…

then this will have to do

spacer.png

Don’t think we’re going to get anything like what we want… 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, burchy said:

Not going to lie mate this one is even shitter than the Lerner one. It looks like a small cat face attached to a lions main and he has short, fat arms 😂

The round badge lion and/or newer fierce iteration lion is fine.

If it's the overall theme we don't like I'd even consider a fierce lion head but that won't happen either.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Old news but… if it’s a choice between this (although I’d prefer darker detailing/contrast on the lion) and the plain yellow drop shadow shit…

then this will have to do

spacer.png

Don’t think we’re going to get anything like what we want… 

Remove the white star and white 1874.

Then either make the lion bigger and leave it alone with Aston Villa, or move the lion down and put the 1874 in Claret above it 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Remove the white star and white 1874.

Then either make the lion bigger and leave it alone with Aston Villa, or move the lion down and put the 1874 in Claret above it 

Mad thing is, most of us are happy to accept some iteration of it, but a much larger percentage wouldnt choose this. They’ve made a pigs ear of it. 

I’d rather take the new lion and AVFC than this, its too jumbled. 

You cant see any of it now at a distance. At least Lerners one you could make out AVFC. At least people who didnt know it at a glance might google AVFC. Now its just a garbled mess. 

😂

Edited by spiezels
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

With our last home game nine days away, I wonder if the club might take the opportunity to launch things then

If we make the final, then I guess there's a good reason to delay a little and we might wait until contracts end with existing suppliers anyway and launch in July, but I guess there is a chance we could go on the 13th in some way.

I had been wondering if the delay is due to our achieving CL qualification. 

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

What is actually the current situation with the badge? I'm so lost.

Its the one above…

Aston villa 

Textured lion

lerner colours

Â