Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

I neither love it or hate it, the way it looks on the kit will hold more sway with me.

interesting comments about the brand, pushing a 3 year plan into 1 year due I progress, using the KISS method (Keep it simple stupid).

In the brand book I quite like the gold on claret 

IMG_2686.jpeg

IMG_2687.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

I neither love it or hate it, the way it looks on the kit will hold more sway with me.

interesting comments about the brand, pushing a 3 year plan into 1 year due I progress, using the KISS method (Keep it simple stupid).

IMG_2686.jpeg

IMG_2687.jpeg

that gold logo is my favorite of the bunch

I can understand why they have gone with this badge re. cost of re-branding, etc.

I would also admit that I think the yellow on blue, which I hated at the time, I find is quite easy to pick out.

My main gripe, which was AVFC, has, thank god, disappeared, although I agree with others that it would have been better at the top.

If we can get top 4 or better on a regular basis I can live with it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rosy said:

I for one am glad to see the back of the round badge and yes I would take the new one over that.. I never wanted the round one and all season I thought it just looked wrong. I do wish we moved away from the randy lerner design however you can't deny that when promoting our brand and building a future of a club competing at the top end of the table no else has anything like it. It IS Aston Villa. 

After all the progress made so far under NSWE and Emery I back them 100%

My thoughts exactly rosy

This round one just looked like a poundland version of the one in the 80s

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I can understand why they have gone with this badge re. cost of re-branding, etc.

I would also admit that I think the yellow on blue, which I hated at the time, I find is quite easy to pick out.

My main gripe, which was AVFC, has, thank god, disappeared, although I agree with others that it would have been better at the top.

If we can get top 4 or better on a regular basis I can live with it.

A good summary of my own thoughts on the new badge AB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

IMG_2686.jpeg

IMG_2687.jpeg

Is the brand book online?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

that gold logo is my favorite of the bunch

Wonder if we'll see that on any kits?

Would be pretty sick that.

Even as a " Champions League " edition

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

It’s so weird we are using the “new” badge on Adidas partnership material when it hasn’t been officially launched yet. The tweet below has our current AVFC badge as the official Villa account profile picture, with the “new” badge on the promotion. What’s the holdup with announcing the new badge? This was supposed to happen months ago.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think it's weird that we added 1874 this time after removing Prepared from the Lerner badge because it made it look unbalanced. It's taking up the same level of space on the badge and has roughly equivalent value. What's the point?

Cos Heck seems obsessed with the 150th  anniversary programme.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

West Ham & Burnley play in our colours and both have claret badges on a claret shirt. The (new) badge colour's is synonymous with us for the past 17 years and it differentiates us from them. 

IMG_0057.png

IMG_0056.png

Time to take it back then, even though Burnley's is purple and white while West Ham's is brown, blue, yellow and white anyway.

Edited by fightoffyour

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

West Ham & Burnley play in our colours and both have claret badges on a claret shirt. The (new) badge colour's is synonymous with us for the past 17 years and it differentiates us from them. 

IMG_0057.png

IMG_0056.png

IMG_0058.png

Pretty clear why it has to be this way, Heck even alluded to West Ham and Burnley "stealing our colours" is not ideal from brand perspective 

• Like 1

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Time to take it back then, even though Burnley's is purple and white while West Ham's is brown, turquoise, yellow and white anyway.

I meant the badge being claret on claret 

I quite like the new badge, it looks like Aston Villa. Although I can see a teeny weeny issue and I think VT may have to plan for additional IT capacity. Once next season ends and we've won the Champions League, we're all going to have to discuss where the second star gets put on the badge! 🤯 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

It’s so weird we are using the “new” badge on Adidas partnership material when it hasn’t been officially launched yet. The tweet below has our current AVFC badge as the official Villa account profile picture, with the “new” badge on the promotion. What’s the holdup with announcing the new badge? This was supposed to happen months ago.

Must say I like this badge very much, I prefer it to the round one and the existing one, I also like the idea of not changing the badge too much and to keep it simple. One or two of the ones that was fan created and posted here on previous pages was perhaps even better, but nevertheless l do like this one.

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

To tell you the truth… I don’t give a shit about having our name in full on there. There are many badges that don’t even have the name of the club that are instantly recognisable or iconic. If the design is good, the other stuff doesn’t matter so much.

Although I’d prefer to have it there… what I really wanted and expected, and what we deserved after being asked about it, is something that was a lot better than what we had and that solved the issues of the one we were trying to get away from in the first place!  That has not happened, not even close.

And you were one of the most vocal and critical of those issues in the first place… and they still exist.

But with the round badge - you 100% have to have the name of the club, the central lion or the colours for anyone to be able to link it to Villa.

The new crest is unique and means that it associates with our brand without the need for the name, colours, etc.  The monotone images posted a few pages back and the Adidas murals show this really clearly.

The badge is only one component of the overall brand.  The wider branding I think looks really good (much better than anything we have done for a while) and couldn't have been as easily achieved with a round badge.

I am not thrilled with elements of the badge - but the wider branding stuff looks great in my opinion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why is it important to have our founding year on our badge? 

also, are people fussed about the 150th anniversary?  

It’s a great marketing tool…

Â