Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

They say it's not universally unpopular, so that's something, though I'm yet to see evidence of it.

Heck decides. Heck decided the round badge was crap so he binned it. He doesn't give a damn what loyal Aston Villa people think.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Zatman said:

The round badge is shit

In your opinion. Not in my opinion and many others. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Showed my other half and she burst out laughing at the latest badge.

Mine said it's exactly the same as the old one.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It's quite incredible that they are going back to the same concept that was universally disliked and which they, this time two years ago, started us on the road to replacing.

It's almost like being trolled.

Oh come on, be serious for a minute. 

If they were trolling us they'd do this alongside several announcements over the course of 18 months about a massive investment to replace a stand the fans universally hate, then despite 18 months of several announcements cancel that in a very odd amateurish way as well. 

Oh...... 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

This version is great.

GB50130000003993939.thumb.jpg.9922dbb26a974601b022e6a14cd6f1b3.jpg

But the main colour version is garbage! Retaining the moronic yellow on blue washed out colouring and thinking that a stupid drop shadow fixes it. A drop shadow! In 2024. 

I've defended Heck and the club on this process but you can't show up with the same critical failure that the Lerner badge had with a drop shadow on it. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Heck spent months surveying opinion, feeling the vibe of fans, talking to people on the terraces, conducting in depth market research, considering both qualitative and quantitively data and reasoned that we could be better served by something different, even though the fans voted on it.

Nah, just kidding, he walked in and before he'd even taken a seat started swinging his dick around cancelling projects so he could launch his own vanity project.

I've changed my mind about not criticising him too strongly, the bloke's a prick.

I thought we voted for the badge we have, we got it. Why the f is anyone changing it

When it was first posted in this thread I thought whoever posted it made a quick mock-up on Paint on some design they were thinking of. Can't believe that is the real deal. The Aston Villa being on the bottom just looks so wrong and the drop shadow is ridiculous. I wanted our round badge to change too, but not this way dammit. I really thought Heck would get it right. This is hilariously bad 

Posted (edited)

I don't usually care too much for things like badges, but even I think that new one is complete garbage. Horrid. Worse than Lerner's and I wasn't exactly fond of that either. 

And ditch the star too, looks amateur af. 

Edited by PieFacE

18 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

This version is great.

GB50130000003993939.thumb.jpg.9922dbb26a974601b022e6a14cd6f1b3.jpg

But the main colour version is garbage! Retaining the moronic yellow on blue washed out colouring and thinking that a stupid drop shadow fixes it. A drop shadow! In 2024. 

I've defended Heck and the club on this process but you can't show up with the same critical failure that the Lerner badge had with a drop shadow on it. 

This one's a big improvement, but is still blatantly better with the club name straight at the top and 1874, if we must have it, at the bottom.

I suspect they thought "well we can't have it that similar to the old one...how can we make it different? **** it, that'll do".

• Like 3

Random star plonked on the crest looks laughably bad. Incredible that someone thinks it's appropriate to put it there. At least put it below the 1874 or between Aston and villa. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

thats got a far better balance to it imo

Massive improvement, and would probably still look decent if they kept the lion I've just seen described as the Rod Stewart lion.

People have speculated on the badge revision being a cost-cutting exercise and I wonder if one of the factors is just that old lion being slapped up all over the place.

Â