Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

7 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Forest have theirs above their badge, so we must be allowed to as well?

image.thumb.png.861feda7c7e3d42e41087334d1977a31.png

I'd say this falls under the category of looking wrong. It doesn't really work. I might have got it totally wrong anyway. 😕 

Been having a play around with a few different shield shapes, trying to work in all of the aspects that seem to be wanted in the survey...

spacer.png

It's difficult to put all of these different components together without it becoming too busy, and then shields have been used on crests for ages, so creating a shield shape that is unique but obviously a shield is also difficult.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Been having a play around with a few different shield shapes, trying to work in all of the aspects that seem to be wanted in the survey...

spacer.png

It's difficult to put all of these different components together without it becoming too busy, and then shields have been used on crests for ages, so creating a shield shape that is unique but obviously a shield is also difficult.

None of these are as good as your original designs. You’re right about the business though, we seem to be trying to cram too much in. 

I’ll narrow it down further, I think the top centre is the best one there. The lion looks like it’s doing headers with the star though. If the star was above the shield maybe.

However, I’m fairly confident the shape of the shield will be more like the centre one in the bottom row. More like what we’ve had before.

5 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

Can we have the star in between Aston Villa ? ASTON * VILLA. Maybe it will look less busy doing it this way.

If you did this on the middle left design then the top of the shield would be a straight line and look more uniform.

I've just realized  no one actually gives a damn what it looks like as long as it isn't totally hideous, they think they do, but a week or so after it's released it will be largely forgotten about and will be something that's just there. Anything that endures over time sacrifices its ability to make an impression. Anything that constitutes the walls of our life, the backdrop of our consciousness, so to speak, forfeits its capacity to play a role in that consciousness. A constant, bothersome sound becomes inaudible after several hours. Pictures that we hang up on the wall are in a matter of days soaked up by the wall;

6 hours ago, useless said:

I've just realized  no one actually gives a damn what it looks like as long as it isn't totally hideous, they think they do, but a week or so after it's released it will be largely forgotten about and will be something that's just there. Anything that endures over time sacrifices its ability to make an impression. Anything that constitutes the walls of our life, the backdrop of our consciousness, so to speak, forfeits its capacity to play a role in that consciousness. A constant, bothersome sound becomes inaudible after several hours. Pictures that we hang up on the wall are in a matter of days soaked up by the wall;

Deep. 

13 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

Still love the idea of a diamond shape, but think it'll be a more traditional shield design.

8 hours ago, useless said:

I've just realized  no one actually gives a damn what it looks like as long as it isn't totally hideous, they think they do, but a week or so after it's released it will be largely forgotten about and will be something that's just there. Anything that endures over time sacrifices its ability to make an impression. Anything that constitutes the walls of our life, the backdrop of our consciousness, so to speak, forfeits its capacity to play a role in that consciousness. A constant, bothersome sound becomes inaudible after several hours. Pictures that we hang up on the wall are in a matter of days soaked up by the wall.

It's not always the object that changes, sometimes it's the viewer.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

Some great ones but reminds me too much of West Ham

IMG_5155.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

I like a few of those, but the more I look, the more I think the star is disturbing our designs.

I like the sharper shield and gaslamp variants, and the diamond

• Like 1

Â