Pau Torres

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We keep on picking up top quality players who others think have flaws.  Pau for his lack of physicality , Diaby for his lack of defensive ability,  YOuri for his supposed lack of athelticism.  The thing is if these players were stronger, better defensively and more athletic they would have cost £80 mill each. This is how we find value. Because we have a coach who can work out a system to fit players into it , we can continue to grow. 

I think Unai’s coaching team are also excellent at coaching flaws out of players (even mid / late career). His perception of innate talents vs coachable skills is different from a lot of managers.

In Pau’s case though I think it is as you say, just the case that the defensive shape and balance of the entire side pretty much mitigates any issues Pau has with pace / athleticism, and then his natural talents are perfectly suited to how we want to attack. Some player. One of the most watchable players we’ve had at Villa Park.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't think that's not really true we've definitely missed mings, which is why we played Carlos the last few games for his size and physicality. 

so you think it's true then ? 😄

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some of his passing angles and vision is stupendous...

All his passes were left footed and then he plays one with his right into McGinn who then turns and puts Rice on his arse. Clever footballer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Wonderful player.

As much as it pains me to say, I don't think Mings will get back into the team. 

I think you might be right. The only way he does is if Pau or Mings shift to left back. I'm not convinced that is a better solution than dropping Mings though. 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Wonderful player.

As much as it pains me to say, I don't think Mings will get back into the team. 

Which is fine, if he recovers well he'll be more than adequate backup and a valuable player to bring on to see out games in the final stage where we're under pressure, especially against physical teams.

There is still a role for Mings in this squad, even if not as a starter.

Â