Pau Torres

Delphinho123

On 08/11/2023 at 14:29, Demitri_C said:

Pau really has grown since he 1st game in. I think he is a top defender. Becoming one of my fav players

He needs to get used to the physicality of the league and be better in the air, nothing else is in question as he is top class at everything else 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Interesting.

Who are you dropping?

we were talking about this pre game in the pub. i think it gives you options. more physical, arial battle? mings over pau. teams sitting back and needing to play through them more, maybe pau over mings. also gives the option of a back 3 with wing backs.

50 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

One of our best players in the first half. Great passing display again. I think a back 3 of Konsa, Mings, Torres would be perfect. 

I think this was the plam before Mings injury with a rampaging Moreno down the left. We probably didnt expect him out this long either

4 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

I was looking forward to seeing us trying konsa, mings, torres, moreno before the injuries set in. 

The only way i would want all 3 of them playing is in a 3-5-2 with Cash and Moreno as wing backs but we would probably give away too much in the midfield then.

He seems like a remarkably reserved man: he won't be giving teammates a rollocking but he'll try to fix problems as he sees them happen.

I think this is what has happened a few times now when he has been found out of position. He's trying to cover the area between left back and the central defensive midfield when he gets caught: the opposition then release the ball to a pacey player, get in behind the defensive line and Pau looks stranded. 

I hope that with time, he'll grow into the squad sufficiently to call out when that's about to happen so a teammate will cover it for him. I wonder if he would be more vocal with Moreno? 

Pau Torres is looking good; starting to play the ball a little more now. Of course his attempts can be intercepted but it is necessary as he provides an outlet from defence to attack using his vision.

Not sure if accurate but found his passing statistics:

Played 16

Chances created 5

Assists 1

Goals 1

Passes 1128

Passes Completed 1014

Pass Accuracy 90%

For total passes Torres is the highest closely followed Douglas Luiz.

Â