Pau Torres

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

The goal was a bit concerning with how weak he was for their goal.  His passing out from the back is sublime. 

Yes it's a bit worrying how easily he got turned there, if it wasn't a goal it would have gotten as noticed but now it did. His passing is really sublime, brings so much to our attacking play so even if he continues to be weak defensively I think he brings more to the team than not. Though I'm sure he will improve and adapt. What I was a bitt worried about before was that he looked a bit slow on the turn and not so rapid rushing back when we played a high line, but I didn't see any weakness in that aspect today. Too bad with the goal, but hopefully it will be a lesson learned and good that it was in a game that we won nevertheless.

He was class apart from the goal and his upper body strength/physical defending is something that Unai has specifically mentioned that they're working on with him. 

It'll take time but he's still quality. He helped us play out of some really tight spots and sets us up for attacks rapidly. 

Be patient with his strength. They're aware of it and working on it. 

He'll get a few assists playing in Diaby/Zaniolo/Bailey/Ramsey from deep with his vision and their movement. 

• Like 1

I'm trying to think of an adjective to describe his passing. It's so good it's like when a solid turns directly into a gas. It's really that good. What would be a good choice of word to describe passing like that? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YLN said:

I'm trying to think of an adjective to describe his passing. It's so good it's like when a solid turns directly into a gas. It's really that good. What would be a good choice of word to describe passing like that? 

A lot to unravel here. At first I thought he’d died. The second sentence describes when you’re on the bog expecting to take a dump and all you can manage is an enormous fart instead. 

Is ‘sublime’ the word you’re looking for?

verb
  1. 1. 
    CHEMISTRY
    (of a solid substance) change directly into vapourwhen heated, typically forming a solid deposit again on cooling.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, YLN said:

All fart and no shit?

• Haha 1

Has to do a lot better for their goal. There was also a moment in the game where he stepped out and the played dribbled around him and took a shot. That was a bit easy too.

Like others have said. Fantastic footballer, but the defensive side of things is slightly concerning. I’m sure he’ll get better. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I don’t mind conceding if we are scoring 3 the other end, I think his pros outweigh his weaknesses.

That’s isn’t always going to happen though and could be the difference between winning and losing. Hopefully he gets up to speed quickly.

9 hours ago, Wezbid said:

He was class apart from the goal

He got rinsed in the first half which led to a decent Burnley chance too, he rushed out and got absolutely skinned.

He read the game fairly well though - made some good interceptions, and obviously his passing is excellent. There was a lofted through ball to Digne that very few centre backs in the league would even attempt. Being able to pass through the lines/ beat the press will be such an asset.

Hopefully his defending can kick on. 

If he was a better defender he wouldn't be at Villa. I think for the top sides his incredible creativity and ball progression wasn't worth the trade off of his weaker defending. Especially as City need good 1v1 defenders as they are defending counter attacks mostly. 

So if Emery and team can work with him coaching him to be a better defender and as Carlos and Konsa are there as his other 2 CBs to allow him more freedom then we'll see him improve

One concern here is that Emery worked with him for 2 years already and his obvious weaknesses havent been ironed out . But we look very dangerous going forward due to his ability . Maybe you cannot get the one without the other and we will just have to be freescoring instead. Which i am happy with 

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

One concern here is that Emery worked with him for 2 years already and his obvious weaknesses havent been ironed out . But we look very dangerous going forward due to his ability . Maybe you cannot get the one without the other and we will just have to be freescoring instead. Which i am happy with 

He will be facing different challenges in England to Spain though like physicality and speed of the game, so may take a bit of time to adjust to that.

His physical “weakness” is only an issue against the more physical teams/players in the league which are decreasing all the time. We also have Carlos to deal with that kind of player. 

He’s only been here a month and will be absolutely fine given a couple of months to adjust. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim said:

That’s isn’t always going to happen though and could be the difference between winning and losing. Hopefully he gets up to speed quickly.

I'm pretty sure he will be fine, doubt Unai would have sanctioned buying a player he know very well if he wasn't going to be anthting other complete success.

Â