Pau Torres

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is a hometown player leaving for the first time from a club he grew up at. I expect if we had a homegrown boyhood fan captain he would react in a similar way when he left..............oh wait

You mean absolutely DESPERATE to get away at the first opportunity that came calling, and when it collapsed, would need half a season to get over it, I'm guessing..

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Pau, Pau

Pau, Pau, Pau, Pau

Pau, Pau, Pau, Pau

Pa, Pa, Pau, Pau Torres.

Living outside Oslo i will have to see the matches at home,but will use your lyrics,but beeing a rock`n roll dude i will use Smoke On The Water instead.

Pau, Pau, Pau

Pau,Pau,Pau,Pau,Pau

Pau,Pau,Pau

Torres

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'll be honest, I'm slightly concerned about that leaving video Never seen a player so attached to a club before.

Literally in tears (and not just about the guy who passed away). I hope we haven't got a Shaun Moloney type who struggles away from his home.

I'm sure the other Spanish speaking players and staff will put an arm around him buy I hope he doesn't miss Villareal so much that it affects ts his performances. 

Its not a major worry, just a slight niggle in the back of my head for an otherwise excellent signing.

Oh, hell yeah, I'd be worried, too. We all know that shows of open vulnerability and heartfelt emotion by grown men could pose a grave threat to the mental healthcare industry around Birmingham. I know if I worked in counseling around Brum, I'd be praying that this sort of thing doesn't catch on!

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Anyways, err, I have already done the "Welcome Pau" post about 30 pages ago. How was I suckered into thinking we had signed him then?

So welcome again, welcome back, who knows? Hope you are a massive success here and we all have a blast next season.

16 minutes ago, tinker said:

If he's anywhere near the player Moreno is then we are in for a huge improvement in defence/ midfield. Real statement from us. 

From what  I've read, he may struggle in the league at first (but I'm  sure will be at home in Europe), but with a bit of time will help transform the way we play. Exciting

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'll be honest, I'm slightly concerned about that leaving video Never seen a player so attached to a club before.

Literally in tears (and not just about the guy who passed away). I hope we haven't got a Shaun Moloney type who struggles away from his home.

I'm sure the other Spanish speaking players and staff will put an arm around him buy I hope he doesn't miss Villareal so much that it affects ts his performances. 

Its not a major worry, just a slight niggle in the back of my head for an otherwise excellent signing.

Dont worry mate, all players that are attached to their hometown club get upset leaving and express it in similar ways

Spoiler

spacer.png

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Watched his emotional goodbye to Villarreal video.

Now THAT'S someone who loves/loved their boyhood club.

And yes I'm throwing shade and kicking a dead horse at the same time 👀... Lol

I love it. Feel bad for him, but give me 1 honest player with big hearts over 10 talented mercs.

We just gotta give him the love and that passion will be like an extra 15% performance.

Edit, I meant that the other way round. I got no sleep last night.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

Â