Youri Tielemans

thejoker

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Like I mentioned during the week he’d get exposed playing the Mcginn/Ramsey/Buendia role .

Hope that’s the end of all 3 of them playing together. Not enough athleticism and dynamism to play the outside mid role. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Bossed the game against lazio but now suddenly the guy is past it because he didn't play well in a game where pretty much the whole team was awful?! Got to love VT straight after a defeat. 

Playing out of position simple

• Like 1

Looked assured and hungry today. We have t quite resolved our attack yet, and YT had little running ahead of him but he is reassuringly dependable, and always threatens to do something. He is funding his place ( as are most actually), very excited by his arrival and think he starts on Wednesday. 

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I wonder if he’s going to be happy with just having the last 10 mins every match!

He will get plenty of game time, can’t drop any of our midfield at the minute and I’m sure he’s professional enough to accept it. Injuries/suspensions will come and he’s a great replacement to have when that time comes. 

Slightly disappointed with him tonight. Should be bossing games like this. Looked better in the centre but isn’t going to threaten the current midfield with performances like that. 

11 minutes ago, WHY said:

Slightly disappointed with him tonight. Should be bossing games like this. Looked better in the centre but isn’t going to threaten the current midfield with performances like that. 

Didn't seem to want the ball for the  first few minutes I thought, bit static,  but came into it  a bit more. Few nice moments, but I agree he's not really pushing  for a league  start

16 minutes ago, WHY said:

Agree.

He didn't get much help of the ref in that advanced position first half. Got hoofed up the air with nothing given.

He was still a bit loose when moving central. Just not a great game, no worries - showed for the ball loads, and he's there as a high class option in that crucial role.

Needs to be sharper and snappier with his touch. Half the reason he was getting booted so often is because his touch was so off and he wasn't killing the ball as it came into him.

Edited by Tomaszk

Ideally we need him to start games and come on for 30 a fair bit because Kamara and Luiz can't play every minute. Doesn't seem like Emery fully trusts him yet but a fair chunk of minutes he's had were wide CM which don't do him any favours. 

He's not really had a run with the main first 11 either.

• Like 1

Â