Youri Tielemans

thejoker

When Diaby laid it off for him and he hit the crossbar, it was a reminder that we badly need someone who can threaten from the edge of the box. Some teams will be sitting deep against us and we need that shot to score some goals but also draw out the opponents so they can’t just sit in their own box. 

Dougie had a few but Youri strikes it with such consistency. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Love this camera angle. We saw it a lot in the championship because it had to be higher and a wide shot. Let’s you see a lot more positioning. 

5 hours ago, DJBOB said:

When Diaby laid it off for him and he hit the crossbar, it was a reminder that we badly need someone who can threaten from the edge of the box. Some teams will be sitting deep against us and we need that shot to score some goals but also draw out the opponents so they can’t just sit in their own box. 

Dougie had a few but Youri strikes it with such consistency. 

Wouldn’t mind seeing him repeating that goal from the FA cup final (last year I think). 

At the game last night and he ran it. 

I loved in the 2nd half, he played a superb ball through behind their defence but Archer didn't make the right run, he was clearly frustrated. 

Going to be a huge player for us this season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

After watching his pass to Ollie for the first goal i can now see it was even better.  He didnt break stride at all. No stutter or small touch to steady himself. Just a 40 yard ball between 2 or 3 players from his instep while running.  I hope that st james park we play him as well as dougie and kamara and mcginn. Control the football and dont let them get near it .

The kind of pass you see De Bruyne make a lot. 

• Like 1

He went missing a lot under Rogers at Leicester, I don't think Unai gives him a chance to do so and, with the players around him having that hunger that waned at Leicester, this is set up perfectly for a signing of the season. 

Form is temporary, class is permanent. I think Youri is a case in point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

He went missing a lot under Rogers at Leicester, I don't think Unai gives him a chance to do so and, with the players around him having that hunger that waned at Leicester, this is set up perfectly for a signing of the season. 

Form is temporary, class is permanent. I think Youri is a case in point.

Brenda played him for every single minute he was fit it seemed. Yes. Signing of the season material. We havent got a good player which i thought we were getting. We have a potentially great one. 

I'm really liking Youri. He doesn't supplant Dougie for me to start -- for a host of complicated reasons -- but bringing him as a sub for now will give us remarkable freshness and intelligence as we try to "close the sale" in our second halves. He offers a lot more than flair and energy. He offers precision and build-up, and he can fluently and without fuss "reset" play progressions that don't quite work and need a reset. Good at making backward passes that soon lead to goal threats. "Precision" is the word that keeps coming to my mind.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Â