Youri Tielemans

thejoker

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Dropping McGinn? I’m not so sure.

Shamefully, I had forgotten Ginny, but no he’ll play as well. Think against Newcastle we’ll want to be a bit more robust, so play with 4 midfielders, then Diaby and Watkins. Tielemans in the Ramsey role tucking in from the left side McGinn on the right.

Dougie will roam and switch with Tielemans at times.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Shamefully, I had forgotten Ginny, but no he’ll play as well. Think against Newcastle we’ll want to be a bit more robust, so play with 4 midfielders, then Diaby and Watkins. Tielemans in the Ramsey role tucking in from the left side McGinn on the right.

Dougie will roam and switch with Tielemans at times.

I don’t think Tielemans is suited for the Ramsey Role and if he were we would have seen it already in the pre season 

• Like 1

If it were just a matter of picking the most skilled individuals, I'd say start him. But Emery seems to consider so many other variables -- and wisely so. We saw what Stevie G. did last year, totally wreaking havoc with the relationship chemistry on the squad, a mess Emery had to undo. I think even amazing players are best worked in patiently when you've got such a strongly meshed squad. We have some great problems, that's for sure.

15 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

At least it didn't take long to find out which version of Tielemans we were getting. Possibly his best version yet!

The Leicester fan who came on here and posted that Tielemans had been played out of position for the last 18 months which is why it looked like his form had dropped off seems to have got it spot on.  I think Tielemans just might be our POTS this year - think he will get some great assists with the range of passes that he's already shown.  I think him and Luiz will be an almost perfect duo in terms of controlling possession and the flow of the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, catanzaro said:

I agree, I think the choice of who misses out will be either Buendia or Diaby, SJM will play..

I agree.  But the thing is we're going to have great options to bring on during the match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

If it were just a matter of picking the most skilled individuals, I'd say start him. But Emery seems to consider so many other variables -- and wisely so. We saw what Stevie G. did last year, totally wreaking havoc with the relationship chemistry on the squad, a mess Emery had to undo. I think even amazing players are best worked in patiently when you've got such a strongly meshed squad. We have some great problems, that's for sure.

Part of the problem was that Stevie G wasn't picking our best players and when he was picking them they were either out of position or being asked to do something that didn't play to their strengths.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, allani said:

The Leicester fan who came on here and posted that Tielemans had been played out of position for the last 18 months which is why it looked like his form had dropped off seems to have got it spot on.  I think Tielemans just might be our POTS this year - think he will get some great assists with the range of passes that he's already shown.  I think him and Luiz will be an almost perfect duo in terms of controlling possession and the flow of the game.

Choices choices. Something we havent seen for a long time. Fitting JJ McGinn Diaby Kamara Luiz and Tielemans into the same team in the midfield and attacking mid and wings . 4 spots for those 6 who are all starters in my book. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allani said:

Part of the problem was that Stevie G wasn't picking our best players and when he was picking them they were either out of position or being asked to do something that didn't play to their strengths.

Like looking him in the eye?

• Like 1

Â