Youri Tielemans

thejoker

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

As I watch the replay, it also looks like Mostar was targeting Youri as a weak spot in transitions. He was getting pushed back a lot, but when he won tackles, there were often few good choices for passes. I love and trust Emery, but to me it seemed like what happens when you get a key copy that's not quite cut right? It works, but it's fiddly, and everything's not lining up?

For me, the second five or six will take time to gel and not look like they have 'gelled'. Remember when Villa first started playing out of the back it looked awful. (to be fair they did a little bit of that under Gerrard). 

I fully expect Tielemans to get back some of his former glory.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

For me, the second five or six will take time to gel and not look like they have 'gelled'. Remember when Villa first started playing out of the back it looked awful. (to be fair they did a little bit of that under Gerrard). 

I fully expect Tielemans to get back some of his former glory.

It's quite amazing that we have this whole other squad now. They're not team that beat Brighton, but they're not terrible either and can hold their own. Think of where we were just 12 months ago. In full implosion mode, not even a decent idea of what to with one squad let alone two.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

At his best playing with Dougie.   At his worst not playing with Dougie. He is 2 months into his career here. By the end of the season all his early issues will be forgotten about i am sure. 

It's amazing how different we looked when Dougie came on. He really is my favourite player. Best CM since Barry and I really rated Barry. Milner in the mix but Barry was with us for ages and both reliable penalty takers 

• Like 1

He had the triple threat of poor touch, poor passing and poor decision making for much of last night. Can’t believe how rusty he seems to look all the time. Against a better opposition I think he mistakes might have cost us dearly. Hope he finds some form as the season goes on, maybe it’s lack of game time to play himself into form?

Needs time to adapt,  he has a great eye for a pass, defence splitting at times. He's slow to turn and isn't that quick but he put effort in last night. 

We all need patience with these new players , they will take time to adapt. Doug has had very similar times in his time with us and look how he's developed over 3 seasons, he didn't start anywhere near the player he is now. Tielemans is a proven international, we need to give him time and the room to make mistakes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

Needs time to adapt,  he has a great eye for a pass, defence splitting at times. He's slow to turn and isn't that quick but he put effort in last night. 

We all need patience with these new players , they will take time to adapt. Doug has had very similar times in his time with us and look how he's developed over 3 seasons, he didn't start anywhere near the player he is now. Tielemans is a proven international, we need to give him time and the room to make mistakes.

This is true, but Dougie was a kid who hadn't played in the league before. More expected than a seasoned pro and international. 

2 minutes ago, Dale said:

This is true, but Dougie was a kid who hadn't played in the league before. More expected than a seasoned pro and international. 

He's come from a team who struggled all season with relegation and played nearly every game, he will have a break through game for us. Him and Doug together looked lively at times yesterday, Tielemans passing ability is sublime at times, he has split defences in nearly every game he's played for us. 

• Like 1

He definitely needs time but he’s been woeful for nearly 2 years now, I get that players have spells of bad form but 2 years is ridiculous. His conditioning looks poor and not what I would expect from a PL player. McGinn got slaughtered last season for his spell under Gerrard but that was more down to the manager. We can’t use that excuse for Youri. 

Edited by WHY

28 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I think we'd all be giving him more time to settle and more leeway if he hadn't played billy big bollox in the media.

I generally ignore these as usually completely taken out of context and used for click bait. Today's gem was Villa in danger of losing player to Chelsea. Article was "Villa News" talking to Alan Hutton. "Could Chelsea come in for Watkins?" Alan Hutton "I could see Chelsea coming in for Watkins in January."

• Haha 3

It is what it is. 

I think he can play a part in conference league like the second half when the opponent sits back and there’s no expectation of a press. 

But otherwise, he’s just too slow. No matter how many games he plays, some lad from the Bosnian or Polish league is going to rinse him for pace. 

Hope he at least gets one screamer from outside the box under his name for some recognition. 

Feel like the level of stick he's getting is a bit mad. He's only just signed and hasn't had much of a look-in because his most obvious place in the team is currently occupied by arguably Villa's best player. I worry about what seems to be a total lack of physical attributes from him, but there's clearly a player there based on his track record and even certain moments since he's signed, it's just about getting it out of him more consistently over the course of a game.

Feels like he's just the guy to pick on now. Happened with Luiz, Mings and more too yet I'm sure much of the same people that wrote them off then/now fawn over them since it came together for them. It's a fickle game.

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Feel like the level of stick he's getting is a bit mad. He's only just signed and hasn't had much of a look-in because his most obvious place in the team is currently occupied by arguably Villa's best player. I worry about what seems to be a total lack of physical attributes from him, but there's clearly a player there based on his track record and even certain moments since he's signed, it's just about getting it out of him more consistently over the course of a game.

Feels like he's just the guy to pick on now. Happened with Luiz, Mings and more too yet I'm sure much of the same people that wrote them off then/now fawn over them since it came together for them. It's a fickle game.

I agree with everything you said but he was most noticeable in giving the ball away and people seem to want to focus on that in a game that we absolutely dominated possession and chances against a team that turned up to park the bus yet people were calling the whole team a horrific performance before we scored and won so what you going to do but shrug off negative doom and gloom merchants that complain every time we don't win 

• Like 1

Why does he need time to settle exactly?

He's supposedly an international, lives in the local area and has over 100 appearances at prem league level.

It's not like he's moving here from Italy and trying to adapt to a new league or something...

I'm fed up of all the excuses especially when he cries about not being in the first eleven to the media but then when he's trusted by Unai to start he's shite and we drop out of cups because of it.

I knew he was crap and finished from what i saw of him at Leicester and was massively opposed to him signing.

He might have been free but will be nothing but a complete waste of wages for the remaining duration of his contract.

Edited by AshVilla

Â