Youri Tielemans

thejoker

16 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Literally how transfers work at all levels 

Yeah, I mean should we really be playing a team of kids that nobody’s ever heard of? All teams are made up of players that have played elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I don't understand how my personal rating of a player and my trust/faith in Emery can't be mutually exclusive?

Um because you think Emery has just signed a a rubbish player so how can you trust him?

15 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Really uneducated and bitter that.  Presumably a chubby child with nothing better to do.

Not really, he's hit the nail on the head from their perspective. They have achieved the impossible dream and then plummeted to the lowest point within such a short timeline.The tragic ending with their owner being the start of the demise. I feel for them as a football fan, for someone to win someone has to lose.........

26 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Leicester fans are rattled here’s a post on their forum 

Love this. Who the fck do they think they are? 

I'm swimming against the current with the bitterness on here against Youri. But imo Villa have fluked getting a potentially top class player who's way beyond their level. This is what Villa always do.

Always have. Steve Staunton or Julian Joachim or Lloyd McGrath or Peter Schmeichel or now Buendia and Youri. They wait like vultures for players who make their name elsewhere and opportunistically pick them up. Rancid club. 

I don’t know why our fans would be annoyed….. I mean, we allowed ourselves to go down so what can we say? 

We offered him a massive contract that he just ran down, and we got no offers for him whilst he still had time on his contract. 

On a free he’s a good signing for you, but he might not even get into your team regularly. Knowing how he plays, and from an outsider your midfield seems fairly strong already… so it will be interesting to see how he fairs. 

Meanwhile we can start getting excited about Tom Cairney……………

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

If he is a sub, we're paying him A LOT of money in wages to sit on the bench...  He was on £120k/week at Leicester and I'd imagine we're paying him more to bring him to Villa Park.  Our 5 highest earners are now Kamara, Digne, Coutinho, Tielemans, and Diego Carlos, 4/5 players not in our starting 11.  

We could play 56 games next season, rotation will be key. This “subs” stuff is just outdated, everyone will get minutes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

BUT. 👏 IT. 👏 IS. 👏 NOT. 👏 WEDNESDAY. 👏

The Gregorian calendar came about in the 1500s. Who's to say that they didn't lose track of a few days here and there and that the correct day should be Wednesday rather than Saturday? 👀

• Like 1

Just now, macandally said:

We could play 56 games next season, rotation will be key. This “subs” stuff is just outdated, everyone will get minutes.

Agreed. Injuries, tactical changes by opponent, drop in form. He will be a valuable part of the squad if Emery can get the best out of him.

• Like 2

Apologies if this has been posted already but an interesting watch...

Seems to indicate this season he's been playing as more of a 6 rather than an 8 so could explain why he's been poor (sounds very similar to Dougie)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm slightly unsure about this, not because I don't think he is a good player because he definitely is but unsure because of how poor Leicester were and how little fight that tram seemed to have.

However my feelings are overuled by the simple mantra I follow....

In Unai, I trust

Welcome Youri, you are now a Villan!

The magic Emery has worked with McGinn and Watkins, among others suggests that he will get Tielemans back to his best in no time. This is a very shrewd signing.

• Like 2

I'm happy about this signing ... but a question for those more familiar with Leicester. What do you think, tactically, our squad -- with our gaffer -- will offer him that he wouldn't have found at Leicester? Not a rhetorical question. Genuinely interested in what Tielemans might discover in himself and what we might be able to unlock at Villa in 2023 that simply would not have been on offer at Leicester last year.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

A 40m player on a free

Incredible business in my opinion 

How much is this costing us?  Fees are only half the story.  In a free normally a big signing on and crazy wages.  Nothing is free.

Just now, marklcfc said:

Danny Drinkwater part 2, enjoy 🫡

i understand he hasnt performed at his expected heights the last 12 months or so, but this is just a madness comment mate.

Drinkwater.........blimey.

Just now, MaVilla said:

i understand he hasnt performed at his expected heights the last 12 months or so, but this is just a madness comment mate.

Drinkwater.........blimey.

Tielemans can't run, his legs have gone. You have to see it to believe it.

• Haha 1

Â