Youri Tielemans

thejoker

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

He's not supposed to be an upgrade on Luiz and Kamara he's supposed to be good enough to come in and keep us a top 8 team if one of them goes down with injury. 

For what it's worth he's produced at a higher level in terms of goals and assists in a single premier league season than any of our players bar Watkins has and those numbers have largely decreased as he's moved further back and the rest of the team has deteriorated around him and maddison. 

It's not even about injuries, we need to get close to having two really capable teams. Like Digne and Moreno at left back for instance. You could easily have Moreno play 30 league games and Digne play 8 and 11 cup games plus all the sub appearances on top of that. Same for Tielemans, Luiz, Kamara, McGinn, Dendonker etc in their positions. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

That makes no sense.

If you are Incredibly disappointed with this signing, how can your faith in Emery not be shaken?

By contrast, I am very happy.

Welcome to the Villa family, Youri. Hope you flourish here.

I don't understand how my personal rating of a player and my trust/faith in Emery can't be mutually exclusive?

Sensible opening salvo. Probably wouldn't have signed him if he cost more than 15m. Won't command massive wages as a relegated player. Adds quality, depth, competition, Prem experience, and is still young. 

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I don't understand how my personal rating of a player and my trust/faith in Emery can't be mutually exclusive?

Maybe your trust in the manager may make you question your rating of the player.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Maybe your trust in the manager may make you question your rating of the player.

Well, we'll see.  Hopefully this ends up being another Emery masterstroke.  

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I think it's more that you're really disappointed in a guy that most of us expect to be a sub

And given that role in the team he's a damn good one

Just fills out our midfield options really well. 

Higher progressive passes, and a threat from range - which we don't have. (Even if he only gets 2 a season, the opposition will know he is a threat and use up tactical bandwidth up to stop him)

He hasn't had an irrecoverable Dele Alli-type dip - he's just had a big money move vetoed and stuck in a team which refused to spend any money to make it worth staying. He'll be great for us.

I actually think Emery will want to move to 433 in certain games and was unable to do that this year. Our future signings will be selected to give him that option imo.

• Like 1

Â