Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

22 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I'm praying for Spurs to get a last minute equaliser tomorrow thus guaranteeing fourth place for us and also probably handing the title to Arsenal! 🤣

Best scenario lol

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A lot of Spurs fans actually wanted us to win today. 

Why wouid they want their team to miss out on champions league?

Just now, PaulC said:

So they could lose to City with a clear conscience and deny Arsenal the title.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Tonight has definitely had a big impact in securing 4th, Had we lost 3-1 or had Liverpools 4th stood/they went on to score another i would have beeen very nervous about Spurs tomorrow but hopefully knowing they now have to win both games to even have a sniff has deflated them a little.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Spurs have been in CL consistently over past decade, they have high revenues so its not a holy grail for them, so then it becomes a question would you want to help Bluenoses win the league so you get UCL instead of Europa? They also argue the team isn't ready for UCL and Europa gives more realistic chance to end the trophy drought. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So they could lose to City with a clear conscience and deny Arsenal the title.

I alluded to it the other day, but the smaller clubs in each big rivalry - Everton, Man City (google the good luck Villa flag from 1993 when we played them), Spurs and Small Heath - sort of hate their rival as much as they support  their team whereas Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Villa wouldn't look at it that way imho

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Spurs have been in CL consistently over past decade, they have high revenues so its not a holy grail for them, so then it becomes a question would you want to help Bluenoses win the league so you get UCL instead of Europa? They also argue the team isn't ready for UCL and Europa gives more realistic chance to end the trophy drought. 

Personally i care more about what my own team does than our local rivals 

• Like 2

Just now, PaulC said:

Personally i care more about what my own team does than our local rivals 

I don't think you would say that if Bluenoses were actually gonna win the prem and everyone was gonna laud them as the best team in the country. Its hard to compare. UEL, UCL, for Spurs it doesn't matter as much to them clearly. 

Just now, Alakagom said:

I don't think you would say that if Bluenoses were actually gonna win the prem and everyone was gonna laud them as the best team in the country. Its hard to compare. UEL, UCL, for Spurs it doesn't matter as much to them clearly. 

I wouid actually because I don't have any animosity to any of our local teams. But I might be alone in thinking that.

• Like 1

amazing that Spurs have beaten Man City the last 4 times at home, without Man City scoring a single goal, what the heck is with that!?!?

2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

The plane Mr Rourke, the plane the plane

• Haha 2

Genuine question. If SHA were top of the league the way Arsenal are, and we were playing City tomorrow who are in second, 2 points behind but with a game in hand...

Would you be like Spurs fans are wanting to lose  so that SHA don't win the league?

On 11/05/2024 at 18:41, omariqy said:

We are not spent. These boys still have another performance in them. No Europe to worry about and manage. We’ve been trying to conserve energy last few games. No need anymore. 2 games with a nice break in between. We just need a point realistically.

Believe

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Genuine question. If SHA were top of the league the way Arsenal are, and we were playing City tomorrow who are in second, 2 points behind but with a game in hand...

Would you be like Spurs fans are wanting to lose  so that SHA don't win the league?

Easy....I'd rather we won, why because I know SHA will never be in that position 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Smash Palace and get Ollie his 20th and 21st goal please + Champs League.

And little Emi to come off the bench, leap like a salmon and bullet header his comeback goal.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Smash Palace and get Ollie his 20th and 21st goal please + Champs League.

Classic NZ movie by my favourite Kiwi director

• Haha 1