Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

I’m very, very confident it’s all over tomorrow. But even if Spurs scrape a win (highly unlikely) I am absolutely certain we will get at least a draw at Palace. 

I could see Spurs scraping a draw at City as a possibility. With that point, that wouldn't be enough for them anymore.  I can't see them getting the win they need. Surely its ours.

• Like 3

Palace are on fire though, will be a very very tough game, maybe just play Tielemans and McGinn and drop Luiz, he's been pretty crap last few games

Posted (edited)

Spurs ain't beating a title chasing City 

Just no effing way 

Edited by Pinebro

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, thefeet1980 said:

I’m very, very confident it’s all over tomorrow. But even if Spurs scrape a win (highly unlikely) I am absolutely certain we will get at least a draw at Palace. 

Id rather we didn't take it to the last day. Cumon Grealish, earn your 100mill

Edited by supermon

Even if Spurs beat City and Sheffield a draw for us at Palace is enough for 4th. That game tonight will have given us energy for Palace now. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Cant defend though can we! Played well final 15 mins or so to get the draw, sure. But we looked a bit lost tonight leading up to that point. 

Did we watch the same game. I lost count of how many big chances were missed throughout the game.

Anyway job was done before kickoff tonight as far as I’m concerned. City are way too good not to lose and on top of that they will have a whole away stadium supporting them. 

Also nice to end the season without losing 2 on the bounce all season. Bring on champions league. 

Just gutted had to sell my ticket for tonight. 

Posted (edited)

It's in our hands, that's what matters.

Palace are in decent form, but in the last couple of months, they've dropped points to Forest, Luton, Spurs, Fulham, and Bournemouth, I'm not having this narrative that we're bound to lose and we need Spurs to fail.

A **** point against Palace isn't some far fetched goal.

Edited by Davkaus

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Palace are on fire though, will be a very very tough game, maybe just play Tielemans and McGinn and drop Luiz, he's been pretty crap last few games

Yeah, should have kept the midfield the same after the arsenal match. Luiz didn't warrant coming straight back in.

Posted (edited)

So…

spurs need to win both their games.

And if they do, we can still get it with a draw against palace 

unless spurs have a +9 goals from both their games. 

the scenarios are in our favour 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I could see Spurs scraping a draw at City as a possibility. With that point, that wouldn't be enough for them anymore.  I can't see them getting the win they need. Surely its ours.

That’s where I am as well. Thought Spurs could take it to the last day with a draw, but don’t think they will beat City - and if they do, we now only need a point…