Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah same. Just want it done before then for my health and health of my family having to deal with me stressed and anxious in the lead up

Sunday and midweek games are really affecting my career, I mean how can I be expected not to sink 10 cans of lager when it's possible that we get UCL that night? It needs to stop. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Well yeah, another tinpot club who've not even won the second tier uefa tournament, I'm sure it made their day;)

We'll probably do the same and if we do I'll not be moaning trying to ruin people's enjoyment of the day, but it's not a major honour in my eyes so I'd consider it a bit OTT

Yeah they've not even been arsed to finish that car park in the background of the photo...

I'm not taking anything for granted until it is mathematically done. I mean look at the amazing string of results that happened to send Blooz down. Who would have expected that? At present we are in a dip and just as "Spursy" as Spurs. 😱

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Still incredibly relaxed. We will finish fourth. We can get points on the board. 

A lot of people writing us off and seem content for City to do us a favour rather than us doing the job ourselves.  

23 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A lot of people writing us off and seem content for City to do us a favour rather than us doing the job ourselves.  

I really don’t think it’s impossible to get at least a point against Liverpool. They’ve got plenty of defensive vulnerabilities which Spurs easily exposed. Just need to start positive and use our pace up front. 

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I really don’t think it’s impossible to get at least a point against Liverpool. They’ve got plenty of defensive vulnerabilities which Spurs easily exposed. Just need to start positive and use our pace up front. 

Problem is our defensive liabilities, similar to Spurs which were painfully exposed by Pool. If Plop hadn’t made the subs he did and taken his foot off the gas I don’t know if Spurs get a point til the 85th minute, if any. Big question is which Villa do we get? Last weekends, or the one that beat Arsenal. 

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Problem is our defensive liabilities, similar to Spurs which were painfully exposed by Pool. If Plop hadn’t made the subs he did and taken his foot off the gas I don’t know if Spurs get a point til the 85th minute, if any. Big question is which Villa do we get? Last weekends, or the one that beat Arsenal. 

We'll have to wait and see.  One thing to note, we haven't lost two league games in a row this season so far. We've mostly bounced back to a defeat with a win, except after last two defeats which were draws.

• Like 1

We might not need Manchester City to do us a favor or for us to beat Liverpool, if Burnley beat Spurs before those games then we will have already qualified for top four, Burnley need a win to avoid relegation and are actually in better form than Spurs over the last six or so games. That said I do hope we win at least one more regardless of what Spurs do, as would be nice to finish on at least seventy points

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CroVillan said:

We talking in a good way or Steve Bradbury sort of way lol

Remind me what medal Bradbury ended up with again?

Doesnt matter how you win, as long as you do

1 minute ago, Icarium said:

Remind me what medal Bradbury ended up with again?

Doesnt matter how you win, as long as you do

The Aussie speed skater that strolled over the line as everyone else tumbled hahaha

was coming last at the time I believe, but yes I totally agree. Lol

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

That is only fair, if so. Teams do each other "favors" all the time, City would not win the league if we didn't do them a favor versus l'Arse.

1 hour ago, useless said:

We might not need Manchester City to do us a favor or for us to beat Liverpool, if Burnley beat Spurs before those games then we will have already qualified for top four, Burnley need a win to avoid relegation and are actually in better form than Spurs over the last six or so games. That said I do hope we win at least one more regardless of what Spurs do, as would be nice to finish on at least seventy points

Burnley can beat Spurs

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I understand it as we look gassed and are running out of players to call on and Liverpool and Palace are in good form. However, underestimate Emery at your peril.
I think we can get something against Liverpool if they feel their title shot is over. The Palace game depends on how many players we can keep fit / recover. I have a feeling the league issue will be sorted by then but if not, well, we'll see.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

The Aussie speed skater that strolled over the line as everyone else tumbled hahaha

was coming last at the time I believe, but yes I totally agree. Lol

Lol as a fellow Aussie I'm very familiar with the sporting legend and all round good guy that is Steve Bradbury 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Icarium said:

Lol as a fellow Aussie I'm very familiar with the sporting legend and all round good guy that is Steve Bradbury 

A true Aussie battler ol’ Steve. Lol

Perfected his speed skills avoiding the local larrikins at rinks in Rooty Hill and St Mary’s hahaha

That was just made up but seems like a good fella.

I think it's extremely unlikely Burnley beat Spurs, they are just a little less rubbish than they have been most of the season. Newcastle destroyed them.

• Like 1

Beat the Greeks 3-0 tomorrow. Spuds lose to Burnley. We can then let the kids have a couple of games and maybe even little Emi gets a few minutes run out.

Lovely.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I think it's extremely unlikely Burnley beat Spurs, they are just a little less rubbish than they have been most of the season. Newcastle destroyed them.

Newcastle destroyed Spurs as well so seems about even 

52 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Burnley can beat Spurs

At the very least they can get a draw based on current form (burnley's last game aside) meaning that spurs would need to beat man city and then only really have the SU game to turn the GD around

anything apart from a >3 goal spurs win isn't that bad, especially if we can get something vs liverpool or lose that by 1 goal

stranger things have happened but id still fancy us if spurs needed a 6-0 win on the last day