Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Been away, literally first bet for a week, a horse called Pozo EMERY (for the name only) and it won, £80.

Lumped it straight on Spurs to get top 4 (now 11/1 Skybet).

So this now OFFICIALLY means, we are getting Champions League football, my pleasure 🏆😊

11/1?, it was 16/1 two days ago?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

One of my gambling apps currently has them at 18/1. The other is 12/1. So

🤷

18/1, blimey, good odds.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Odds fell after a bunch of apparent "Villa Fans" from Villatalk lumped big money on Spurs getting 4th

i guess its called dealing with anxiety.......(via profit if their worst fears happen).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Odds fell after a bunch of apparent "Villa Fans" from Villatalk lumped big money on Spurs getting 4th

You’re not a better fan than me just because you won’t get hundreds of pounds if we screw this up ;)

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

11/1?, it was 16/1 two days ago?

I think Skybet are usually one of the worst for the betting odds tbh, but my only betting account. 

Anyway, it won't matter, I'll get nothing back 👌

• Like 1

My bookies are letting me bet on Spurs top 4 ($11), Spurs v Burnley, Spurs - draw/win ($1.08)  - and Liverpool - draw/win ($1.25) on a multi paying $14.85. Is this worth doing or have I got my permutations wrong?

On 06/05/2024 at 21:16, nick76 said:

Are you watching the Man U game?  I seriously don’t know how we lost to them.  They are awful, can’t defend, space all over the pitch and basically Palace toying with them without finishing them off.  Man U basically have no central defenders at the moment of any decent level.  Arsenal should destroy this team, they could seriously rack up goals against these.

Come on son have you not been reading the same script since the noughties we simply cant beat this team and if we do its a one off and a very narrow one too also never consistently, since 1995 we’ve only managed three wins a disgusting record, so i hate seeing teams like palace and brighton’s brush them aside and we can never ever beat them comfortably largely annoying fixture.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

If we could show the same class as our manager… our fans and club would actually be the best in the world!!! There’s too many sickening fanbases these days or groups within them…

What actual reason is there to fall out with each other now? After all the crap that we’ve been through… this is like mana from heaven!! 😂

We should all be united and supportive… save the aggression and flak for the actual opposing forces out there! 😆

There are a lot of clubs and many people in the media inc ex pros that don’t want us to do well or upset the applecart… lovely to see them sweating and upset 😂 they can’t take it! They will try anything in an effort to destabilise us… but it’s not gonna work and Unai is here to stay!

If we wanna throw shade at anyone… let’s reserve it for them! 😆

And laugh in their faces when we actually do achieve something… 

Ayy less of the ‘United’ 🤣🤣

On 06/05/2024 at 14:29, TRO said:

Its gone a bit sour, right now

Even this (in a totally reasonable post) shows how crazy and short term football is. If I go back a month from today, without counting Thursday-Sunday last week, we have gone four unbeaten in the PL - including beating Arsenal - to go seven clear of Spurs, and won a European quarter final.

Basically the difficult period we are all worried about was four days last week! I think it’s going to be absolutely fine.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

We have already won an European trophy 2 tiers above the conference so with all due respect it won't be as impactful for us like it was for a club like West Ham 

I echo this statement but the feeling i get is some fans will take whatever to brag and boast about, yes i want us to win but wouldn’t be too disappointed if we didn’t 

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I agree with this, I couldn't believe it when they had an open top bus parade for it, and I'd be embarrassed if we did the same.

For the fa cup or league cup, sure, but for a third tier competition ? Nah.

It may upset a few but this is spot on absolutely couldn’t agree more especially as former European Champions Cup winners🫡

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why does it have to be a choice between the two? 

Go all out on thursday - what will be will be. If the tie is getting away from us than sub on the likes of kesler hayden and kellyman for konsa/watkins

Likelihood is we wont need to kick another ball in the PL if all goes to plan with city spurs. If that changes then theres two games left for the players to give absolutely everything to pick up 3 points in one of those games

They play City after we play Liverpool so we will need to be fired up and dependent on ourselves 

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Even this (in a totally reasonable post) shows how crazy and short term football is. If I go back a month from today, without counting Thursday-Sunday last week, we have gone four unbeaten in the PL - including beating Arsenal - to go seven clear of Spurs, and won a European quarter final.

Basically the difficult period we are all worried about was four days last week! I think it’s going to be absolutely fine.

Hope your right.

We have won 3 league games in 9, so it's a little bit longer than that....not a crisis, but certainly not representative of what got us to 4th place......fortunately Spurs are also having a bit of a dip in form, ironic since their win at Villa Park.

We seem to have gone a bit indifferent since the Spurs 0-4 reversal, with only the Arsenal and Bournemouth games, showing the league table form....sure injuries are conspiring against us, and the players left fit, are being drained, but we have to keep going.

I hope we can find something, for the last big push.

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Or that we still lost twice to the worst Utd team in history even though we are miles better?  Some teams just have a hoodoo over others.

I expect City to destroy them don't get me wrong but that record is my one little concern.

I think we just need to concentrate on Thursday that's all that matters at the moment.

Thursday? I thought we was playing Liverpool on Monday 😝

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

Hope your right.

We have won 3 league games in 9, so it's a little bit longer than that....not a crisis, but certainly not representative of what got us to 4th place......fortunately Spurs are also having a bit of a dip in form, ironic since their win at Villa Park.

We seem to have gone a bit indifferent since the Spurs 0-4 reversal, with only the Arsenal and Bournemouth games, showing the league table form....sure injuries are conspiring against us, and the players left fit, are being drained, but we have to keep going.

I hope we can find something, for the last big push.

Fair point!