Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

3 minutes ago, jayEm said:

It doesn’t have to be loads — they could beat Burnley and Sheffield 3-0 each, draw with City, and watch us lose 3-0 to Liverpool and 1-0 against Palace.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You’re saying that like it’s remotely likely 😂

Individually those results are quite feasible.

Accumulated, much less so.

Wasn't someone on here saying on Friday it was near impossible for Spurs to lose four games in a row. They've just done that so losing a football match to Man. City is more likely than not in their present form.

Why are we so annoyingly shite when it really really matters? Could all be bloody over this evening if we didn’t prat about! 

Two draws for us will be enough but I think we've got enough now. Maybe spurs get a point v man City but even then we would just need one more point.

Balls to the wall out against olympiakos now.

Posted (edited)

I think we may be forgetting something here, that we are allowed to take points in our remaining two games. We go into the Liverpool game off the back of a league defeat and we haven't lost two league games on the spin for over a year. I wouldn't rule out us taking something from that game as whilst they looked great going forward today they were very vulnerable defensively. They are also a different animal away from Anfield. 

Hopefully it won't come to it but if we go into Palace needing to get something then we are certainly capable. I'd be extremely surprised if we do though. 

Bottom line is it is in our hands and regardless of what Spurs do we have two bites at the cherry to secure 4th. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I think we may be forgetting something here, that we are allowed to take points in our remaining two games. We go into the Liverpool game off the back of a league defeat and we haven't lost two league games on the spin for over a year. I wouldn't rule out us taking something from that game as whilst they looked great going forward today they were very vulnerable defensively. They are also a different animal away from Anfield. 

Hopefully it won't come to it but if we go into Palace needing to get something then we are certainly capable. I'd be extremely surprised if we do though. 

Bottom line is it is in our hands and regardless of what Spurs do we have two bites at the cherry to secure 4th. 

Basically, we can’t lose 3 games in a row. If we do and allow Spurs to go above us then quite frankly we deserve nothing… 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Look, go the emotional hedge route. You can risk £60 to win a £1000 that Villa don't get 4th. 

i might do that, losing £60 for Villa to get CL is worth it ..... :P

who is that with?

Edited by MaVilla

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As I said earlier, it’s FAR more likely than it was yesterday after today’s results. 

People are acting like the results today made it closer. 

It didn’t. Every game that passes without Spurs getting closer puts it more in our favour. 

As shit as our game was today, today‘S results made it MORE likely that we’ll get top 4. Not less

Sure, I’m just saying the odds at the bookies were 16/1 yesterday and they are still 16/1 today - so much of a muchness. 

• Like 1

Spurs have conceded 13 goals in last 4 games .City are going to score past them especially with the title to win.

Also Liverpool at home putting on a performance is one thing ,previous to that they drew against a on the beach West Ham and lost to Everton.Not saying they are easy to beat ,especially with how we loooked today but every chance we could get something.

I think we are all jumping the gun a little bit. City might not even need to beat spurs if Arsenal lose to United away 

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Why are we so annoyingly shite when it really really matters? Could all be bloody over this evening if we didn’t prat about! 

Don’t be so silly, We didn’t “prat about” today.