Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Tough result today but having a peak at the GobblingCock forum puts things in perspective, they are absolutely losing the plot right now

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So one more win takes us 70 percent there, a win and a draw probably 90 percent, 2 wins guarantees it.

Betfair are offering 1/50. Skybet 1/16 on Villa top 4. 

Place your bets...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Betfair are offering 1/50. Skybet 1/16 on Villa top 4. 

Place your bets...

Place your bets on Spurs! Win win at that point... 😅

Edited by Alakagom

3 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Place your bets on Spurs! Win win at that point... 😅

They're generally 4/1 to win at Anfield. Likely to be even higher price to beat Man. City.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

They're generally 4/1 to win at Anfield. Likely to be even higher price to beat Man. City.

Spurs are now 18/1 to finish top 4

• Thanks 1

If we assume that Spurs lose against one of Man City or Liverpool (not a guarantee, I know), then Spurs need 7 points from 3 matches. But that won’t be enough because we have the better goal difference so really they need 8. And that’s assuming we get zero points.

So it’s 99% done fellas.

Top 4 is done. We need, I’d say, 2 points max to secure it but it’s done really with a spurs loss this weekend. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Beat Brighton and palace somehow. We all know Liverpool will beat us. That's inevitable. 

"Somehow" I love words like that used. How on earth have we already accumulated 67 points this season.... We beat Bournemouth "somehow" 11 days ago. They're in far better form than Brighton currently.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Just had a little look.

**** me, you’re not wrong.

Just as an indication of the mood over there - on a forum for a side currently fifth in the Premier League - a thread has been created this evening entitled “Would you take relegation if it meant new owners and a fresh start?”

And it seems like one or two feel there’s merit in the proposal.

They don't know they're born.

A team that has won the league twice in over a hundred years, who thinks being a team regularly in europe is beneath them. I agree with them, they could do with a good spell in the second tier to gain some **** perspective.

They don't deserve success, what they are now is not far off as good as they've ever had it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Liverpool must beat Spuds. If we get CL confirmed this weekend then Olympiacos should be very worried. 

Not too bothered, as its as good as confirmed anyway. No chance they are beating Man City, they ain't losing another game.

Posted (edited)

In addition to the below, we also currently have a +8 goal difference to Spurs (+21 vs +13), so assuming we keep the positive GD, you can basically add 1 point on to our total, as Spurs would effectively need a point more than us to finish above us.

image.png.333c61e7b7a57fe63b83c6ebfd882aca.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

Is there a chance that subconsciously this is what they have their eyes on a and heads in?

Not saying purposely so ( neglecting the Conference League ) somewhat.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is there a chance that subconsciously this is what they have their eyes on a and heads in?

Not saying purposely so ( neglecting the Conference League ) somewhat.

Possibly. I definitely thought it was a factor away at Lille before the Bournemouth game. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Possibly. I definitely thought it was a factor away at Lille before the Bournemouth game. 

Yeah look at the differences in performance between Lille and Bournemouth just days later, totally different intensity and swagger.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN