Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Even though it makes no difference, I'd feel so much more positive about things if we came back from 2-0 down to draw rather than dropping points tonight.

We're in a great position and I'm delighted with what we've achieved despite all of the injuries that seem to get ignored by our media friends.

My Spurs mate thinks CL is already ours, but we just need to keep the points trickling in as best we can.

42 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

First time in Premier League history we will finish above Man United. We can sleep happy 

This is a lovely moment, speaking as someone traumatised by that club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Although tonight feels like 2 dropped points, if you had offered me 7 points from Arsenal, Bournemouth and Chelsea before the 3 games, i would have bitten your hand off tbh.

Right now, we just need to keep ticking the points over, be that 3, or 1, just keep adding them up.

I guess we wont know if it was good points & enough, until the end of the season.

Yeah I said I'd take 4 from Bournemouth and Chelsea and while the performance tonight was disappointing can't be unhappy with the points return in recent weeks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We don't make excuses. We'd have taken 4 from the last two games. We'll just go beat Brighton now. 

I think we've lost 1 in 10 v Brighton

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Although tonight feels like 2 dropped points, if you had offered me 7 points from Arsenal, Bournemouth and Chelsea before the 3 games, i would have bitten your hand off tbh.

Right now, we just need to keep ticking the points over, be that 3, or 1, just keep adding them up.

I guess we wont know if it was good points & enough, until the end of the season.

Id have taken 12 points tbh

If Spurs lose to Arsenal and we beat Brighton, I'd say it's all but done. They need to win 3 and draw 1 out of their last 5 just to be level on points. Basically easiest scenario there is they need to beat Sheffield United, Burnley then get 4 points from Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Still seems pretty feasible for them, when you put it like that.

I think 4 more points for us should do it, provided Arsenal do their job. 

• Like 1

It says a lot that we are disappointed with a draw against Chelsea. There was a time when we expected defeat against them - our previous manager told us we should expect it! 

Chelsea are improving as a team and have young players full of energy that haven't played the amount of games our lads have. When they play Spurs local pride will be at stake. They won't want to lose to both North London clubs so hopefully they'll do us a favour in that game. 

We could really do with Arsenal winning today. We need Man City to still need points when they play Spurs, and the same goes for Liverpool when they them. 

Just think, if we had won all the games we went 2-0 up in and threw it away this season, we would be seriously talking about winning the league. That will be what Unai and staff will be working on for next season. 

Some of the meltdowns I have seen on social media is embarrassing. Throwing Olsen under the bus, bottled 4th etc... pathetic! Already been kicked from 2 groups for telling them to give their head a wobble and go support blues 🤣😂

Like someone said if we had been offered 7 points with Arsenal Bournemouth and Chelsea we would have snapped their hands off!

I expect Arsenal to beat Spurs today and if that Chelsea we played turns up vs Spurs then I expect Spurs to lose that as well.

Would leave them 7 points adrift still with 1 game in hand. 

We beat Brighton and they lose to Liverpool at Anfield it's pretty much sown up for us.

Lots of big IFs but let's remain positive!

While I think the race for that CL spot is exciting and yet it will be disappointing if we miss out to a spuds lucky winning streak.

I think the real dread for all of us is if we miss out on 4th, will some players be tempted to leave to play for other clubs that are in the CL or Villa might need to sell for financial reasons.....that is the biggest concern tbh

• Like 1