Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

48 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

We'll probably get something at Brighton and against Liverpool - that puts us on 69, leaving Spurs needing 6 points from their next 4 to take it to the final week (I say final week as they play game 37 in midweek against Man City). Their next 4 are Arsenal H , Chelsea A, Liverpool A and Burnley H.

They'll batter Burnley, but the others are not easy. Spurs are so open, that I can't see them frustrating teams in the way that we did at Arsenal and Palace did at Anfield. They only play one way (mate) and that leaves gaps - Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea (as we saw last night) thrive when they're given space to play into.

Brighton is the easiest of our final three games based on 2024 form so it's one we really need to be winning, think a draw could be fatal myself. I think they've won three games this calendar year.

• Like 2

Has anybody seen a table yet of the ‘big 6’ (as if that still means something) plus ourselves and the points taken from each other? We must be almost top?

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Has anybody seen a table yet of the ‘big 6’ (as of that still means something) plus ourselves and the points taken from each other? We must be almost top?

Last I seen we are joint top with Arsenal iirc 

2 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Spurs been all over them since conceding 

On their day they are great to watch. They move the ball with conviction. 

• Like 1

Weird parallels with our game last night. Early own goal, equaliser disallowed for offside, 2-0 on the break. Hoping Arsenal don't crumble like we did!