Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

40 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Those prediction percentages swing massively with every result at this stage of the season. If Chelsea beat us and Spurs beat Arsenal, which is not implausible, that 80/20 would probably flip back in Spurs' favour. 

Agree. That account and supercomputers are a load of old nonsense.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Agree. That account and supercomputers are a load of old nonsense.

It's not nonsense its how probabilites work lmao. Spurs have incredibly tough fixtures so of course if they win few matches they don't expect things will swing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Getting married on Saturday. Hope the missus doesn't mind a giant projector set-up behind the band.

A couple of years ago I had tickets to an important match. Apparently I wasn’t allowed to because we were “on honeymoon”, in a “foreign country”. And she was dead serious thinking that was a good excuse.

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Spuds have had a long rest whereas Arsenal play tonight before the NLD this weekend. Could be a factor but I still fancy Arsenal to get at least a draw.

We need an Arsenal win to ensure ManC haven’t won the league by the time they play Spurs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Just a innocent prediction on how the race will play out, is it brave to call a rare home win against the Merseysiders

Villa Fixtures

Chelsea (H) - D
Brighton (A) - L
Liverpool (H) - W
Crystal Palace (A) W

Total - 73 Pts 

Spurs Fixtures

Arsenal (H) - D
Chelsea (A) - W 
Liverpool (A) - L 
Burnely (H) - W 
Man City (H) - D  
Sheff Utd (A) - W 

Total - 71 Pts

Generous I'd say to predict 2 draws against City and Arsenal and a win against Chelsea. Personally can't see Spurs getting to 70pts and certainly not 1 loss in 6, but they are very unpredictable. I'd also back us to get at least a point against Brighton as their season is all but over.

Whatever happens though I'll settle for any kind of gap between us and 5th. Be it 1 point or more. 

7 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Question to Villa fans

Would you rather get to play in the Champions League and not win it or win the Europa League Trophy? 

Latter. As I'm sure if you win the Europa League, you get into the Champions League?

Villa Fixtures

Chelsea (H) - D
Brighton (A) - W
Liverpool (H) - D
Crystal Palace (A) D

Total - 72 Pts 

Spurs Fixtures

Arsenal (H) - D
Chelsea (A) - L 
Liverpool (A) - L 
Burnely (H) - W 
Man City (H) - L  
Sheff Utd (A) - W 

Total - 67 Pts

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

I’ll be watching the match tonight to see how Chelsea play before I make a prediction for our game against them on weekend. I’d like to see them get smashed.

4 hours ago, RicRic said:

Just a innocent prediction on how the race will play out, is it brave to call a rare home win against the Merseysiders

Villa Fixtures
Brighton (A) - L

Think Brighton is about as much of a banker as we have, We definitely seem to be their bogey club. Since being back in the prem we have played them 10 times (including 1 cup came) We have won 7, Drawn 2 & Lost 1. In fact they have only ever beaten us 5 times in their entire history out of 32 games played & the last time they beat us prior to the 2-1 game in 2020 was 1980

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

Villa Fixtures

Chelsea (H) - D
Brighton (A) - W
Liverpool (H) - D
Crystal Palace (A) D

Total - 72 Pts 

Spurs Fixtures

Arsenal (H) - D
Chelsea (A) - L 
Liverpool (A) - L 
Burnely (H) - W 
Man City (H) - L  
Sheff Utd (A) - W 

Total - 67 Pts

Cant see us drawing three games we rarely draw tbf, i think i called the Liverpool win because i think Emery would like to avenge our defeat to them earlier in the season.

Basically if someone smashes Palmer's kneecap into low earth orbit Chelsea are an 8th in the championship standard team not the premier league. Not that I'm wishing injury but they're basically a one man team

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Basically if someone smashes Palmer's kneecap into low earth orbit Chelsea are an 8th in the championship standard team not the premier league. Not that I'm wishing injury but they're basically a one man team

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

I’ll be watching the match tonight to see how Chelsea play before I make a prediction for our game against them on weekend. I’d like to see them get smashed.

Yeah I’ve been thinking how I want this game to go in relation to 4th place.

• Arsenal smash them, so high on confidence to smash Spurs on Sunday
  • Arsenal win because the title and want to continue to have to win again on Sunday on the basis City and Liverpool also this week.
  • Chelsea thus lose so confidence gets a further hit, even less chance to get Europe
  • Arsenal draw, puts more pressure on them to beat Spurs on the weekend.
  • Arsenal lose might be a bit too much and how will it affect them for Spurs game.
  • Chelsea win…they will be still in Europe chase, will be harder Saturday for us.  Or will they be their usual one good game, one bad and be bad against us.
  • Draw…meh
  • Chelsea lose, a confidence knock or will they want to bounce back on Saturday.

I think a good win for Arsenal is the best outcome.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1