Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

That's an amazing result.

Losing by a goal at Arsenal isn't a disaster tomorrow as we will remain 4th on goals scored.

The key then is to get at least 4 points off Bournemouth and Chelsea as Spurs don't play again until after that so we can get a decent lead again and rile pile the pressure onto them to beat one of Arsenal or Chelsea.

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I didn't realise it's their derby next weekend.  I wonder if Arteta might rest a few tomorrow.

Not a chance

6 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Imagine if we lost this 4-0 and had the run of games coming up that they have. The meltdown! 

I said earlier this season when people were criticising us for how bad our away form was in October/November wait until Spurs have played the likes of Newcastle and Liverpool away and see how they do. Spurs actually have only won once on the road since the middle of December (at us of course) and are conceding even more than we are.

They play Chelsea away on the Thursday and then have Liverpool at Anfield on the Sunday so can see them losing by three or four there as Liverpool will also likely have a free week to prepare with no European match so slowly working out well again for us.

It's no good them having Burnley and Sheffield right at the end if we're already 7-8 points clear.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Christ. Its not i dont want to. Our form is poor, ravaged by injuries and a tough run in. Not a stretch to say we wont grt 9 points is it? 

7 points may be enough if Spurs lose to all of Arsenal, Man. City and Liverpool and get two heavy defeats.

7 points from 6 games, we can do that no problem as that's beating Palace and Bournemouth and getting a draw at Brighton. Even with an injury hit squad we are capable of that still.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tayls said:

…what if Newcastle win their last 6 in a row?! 

They've got Man. United away. Probably in the Tayls formula Man. United still get three points from that even if they lose. 😉

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Christ. Its not i dont want to. Our form is poor, ravaged by injuries and a tough run in. Not a stretch to say we wont grt 9 points is it? 

Our form isnt poor, its average but its not poor

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, smg said:

Not a chance

They discussed the prospect of Arteta resting 2-3 players against us on the Athletic weekend podcast because our game comes before the return leg of their Champions League game vs Bayern.

I guess a big match against Spurs will also be in their thinking re: player selection. It surprised me, but there was some genuine openness among the contributors on the pod to Villa causing an upset.