Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Can’t stop watching this

Biggest injustice he has ever seen? I can think of about half a dozen vs us alone.

why did we go on the attack? ‘It’s the Man Utd way’

😂🤡

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

It was loud in my house when it went in, and I love in Chelmsley Wood! 🤣

I used to teach at Archbishop Grimshaw School....

5 hours ago, omariqy said:

Can’t stop watching this

He is a Forest fan

These are all fake reactions

• Like 1

It’s not only about will Man Utd do it or not, it’s about the nerves and having a chance to be around. If we failed to beat Brentford and lost to Arsenal while Utd won against Chelsea and Bournemouth while losing to Liverpool we’d be 5/6 points from them. Having Europe as well it would make our focus less.

By Utd losing,  it give us more space to give a focus in Europe (which would help our CL hopes anyway).

Even if they didn’t make it, them being near isn’t going to help. Will put much pressure. I’m not saying we’ll lose to Brentford or Bournemouth but both are very good teams, failing to win those while going to Chelsea, Brighton and Liverpool would be risky and tough. The last thing you want is going to Palace with a chance for not being 5th (hopefully we’re confirmed 4th before then as well as 5th confirmed to qualify).

If English teams done well, and confirmed that 5th qualify while we beat Lille and qualify, we’ll be able to rotate more, focus on Europe, give some youngsters more minutes for some League games. Win against Brentford, Man Utd losing to Liverpool and hopefully Spurs fail to win against Forest. Having that before Europe games would give us more confidence about our chances.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ben1505 said:

I can see Forest getting a result at Spurs.... stranger things have happened...

Spurs fans probably saying same about us and Brentford

• Like 2

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

Biggest injustice he has ever seen? I can think of about half a dozen vs us alone.

why did we go on the attack? ‘It’s the Man Utd way’

😂🤡

You have to remember he supports Man Utd, they’re entitled to win everything don’t you know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Powehi said:

Apart from the chair, he's reacting pretty much how I would have reacted and is pretty fair and reasonable with his complaints, have to say.

You think so? I thought Chelsea were the better team but a draw was probably a fair result too, Also they were both blatant penalties.  

I would say United are having it bad with injuries but regardless to lose a game you are winning with a minute of football left to play is criminal for any team.  Never mind one of the most highly paid ones in the league. Ten Hag is stealing a leaving, 

I think two more wins for us seals 5th

We'll know the fate of the extra CL place after the next round of European fixtures too. Still on a knife edge if 5th is good enough, 60:40 to PL or something are the probabilities from opta

Our away form gives us a chance at Brighton and Palace at end of season

22 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I’m not feeling confident about the Brentford game but how insane is this. We’ve pretty much secured Europa League on game 31. 

Let that sink in….

That in it self is a massive achievement. 

Let’s push on now and get 4th and let Spurs have other fans moaning at them that they don’t deserve CL for finishing 5th. 

Don’t forget mate. WE GOT JOHN McGINN!!

He’s going to be unplayable. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, CVByrne said:

United 5 points behind us now as their game in hand is Sheffield United at OT. They've the easier run in after this weekend. You'd say 6th place finish is definitely likely for us now.

Massive for United this win and a killer for us

You need professional help

• Haha 4

This is getting silly now. We will finish a minimum of fifth. Hopefully four wins will be enough to get us fourth. 

If we get the extra champions league spot then that means we can fully prioritize the conference league semi finals and final which would make us huge favorites to win that trophy. 

A trophy and champions league qualification would be our best season since we won the European Cup and the best thing would be that we all know that Emery is just getting started. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

We will finish a minimum of fifth.

We've known this for going on 6 weeks now

• Like 1

A little breathing room secured - hopefully that helps everyone relax and helps us play our game.

We could be as good as qualified for the Champions League by the end of the 18th April - it seems mad to say that, it's an incredible season. 

As crazy as it sounds, the biggest threat to us now is probably Harry Kane.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

A trophy and champions league qualification would be our best season since we won the European Cup and the best thing would be that we all know that Emery is just getting started. 

Minor quibble but 1995-96: 4th in the league, league cup winners and FA Cup Semi finalists  for me is still a benchmark- am not sure Conference League tops the League Cup, especially in thatbera of the 90s when it was taken seriously. 

• Like 2

Beat Brentford and it’s done. We’d only need to win one more game all season after and even then I wouldn’t back United to catch us. 

In a couple of weeks time, I’m pretty sure we’ll know 5th is a champions league spot and we’ll have a much better picture as to whether we’ll be able to secure 5th - which you’d think we would be able to!

• Like 1