Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So much can happen from now until the end of the season. Fans need to stop shitting themselves whenever we lose a game. It’s negative energy. We don’t need it. Positive vibes only please.

Absolutely 💯 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Not gonna start giving it the big un when we haven’t played yet. I’d take a draw now definitely but what a chance to get some momentum and a gap of 5 points. 

That is wise. I think it is more of a reaction to the media narrative that has been presented this week, it has been totally demeaning to Villa and the over the top fawning of Spurs has been too much. It is a huge reality check. Spurs have vulnerabilities and weaknesses like all teams below the champions.

Spurs looked tired. 😢

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

In the words of the great Mister Emery.

We are fourth.

Do you think Unai watched the spurs defeat tonight, celebrating each fulham goal, or do you think he doesnt concern himself with other teams? 

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So much can happen from now until the end of the season. Fans need to stop shitting themselves whenever we lose a game. It’s negative energy. We don’t need it. Positive vibes only please.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Just realised that we could potentially win the Europa Conference League, 'qualify' for the Europa League AND qualify for the Champions League in the space of a fortnight in May.

Madnesss. 

Sorry I know Emery is brilliant in Europe but I don’t really want to play CL on Tuesday night, Europa on Thursday night and League game on Sunday next season….I think that would push our players too far… 😉😂

• Haha 2

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Do you think Unai watched the spurs defeat tonight, celebrating each fulham goal, or do you think he doesnt concern himself with other teams? 

Probably too busy analysing West Ham and finding ways to exploit their weaknesses….

I wonder if we might change system a bit… 3 in midfield, 3 in attack… Bailey and Diaby on the wings… utilise our most dangerous weapons and give Tim some protection/support…

Drawing tomorrow is not looking so bad a prospect right now. A win would be amazing, but we never win there, so a hard fought point like last season would keep us at arm's length away from Spurs.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Probably too busy analysing West Ham and finding ways to exploit their weaknesses….

I wonder if we might change system a bit… 3 in midfield, 3 in attack… Bailey and Diaby on the wings… utilise our most dangerous weapons and give Tim some protection/support…

Nah I think he’ll be a bit more defensive than that being away from home and with the threat of Bowen, Kudus and Antonio.  I think only one of Bailey or Diaby starts tomorrow but I’m interested what he does because McGinn leaves a big hole in midfield.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Gonna be an interesting one

we’re better everywhere other than midfield but in our current state their midfield is so superior to ours that it almost negates our superiority everywhere else 

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I'm hoping he didn't leave it until the night before:D

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's 28 each

5 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

Same games right now brother.  Up to us tomorrow now.

Oh yeah. Didn't realize wasn't full time and whoscored hadn't updated table yet. Good stuff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Nah I think he’ll be a bit more defensive than that being away from home and with the threat of Bowen, Kudus and Antonio.  I think only one of Bailey or Diaby starts tomorrow but I’m interested what he does because McGinn leaves a big hole in midfield.

Yeah, who knows… I’m sure he learns a hell of a lot from the odd loss..

Mind you… maybe we’ll be less worried about the opposition threats (and focus on on our own) after the way it went vs Spurs… but yeah, as it’s an away game we may be a bit more cagey…

That’s my biggest concern, not having McGinn for 3 games and it’s difficult to predict how Unai’s going to offset or counteract that… was bad enough losing Kamara. On the other hand… having him come back rested, fresh and firing may be a big boost for us… he’s going to go all out to help us win and reach our goals…

I have major concerns over Tielemans in a central midfield (especially deeper/defensive) role… and I don’t know quite how capable Tim is..

Luiz hasn’t had much of a break either.

Maybe playing them as a midfield 3 will make us a bit more robust or resilient… I fear we will be missing a lot without John in the side… he always fights and battles for us, bringing energy, drive and determination… it’s quite an ask for others to step up in that sense when they haven’t really appeared to do so previously… we’ll have to  see.

Sometimes… you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone/missing… McGinn is a MASSIVE player for us (I’d be far less concerned if Bouba was available though)…

but… I always have faith in Unai

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oh no, the vibe police are here. I surrender, officer.  Do two positive energy posts count as a negative? Do a - and + cancel themselves?

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611wmk0mqs1vhtm7wa9xd

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1