Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Remember saying he was betting than Grealish a few years back and if didn’t go down well around here.

He wasn't but now he is.

47 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Just personally I don't think points totals are that helpful to think about now -- we're in a race with Spurs for that fourth place spot, everyone else is pretty much irrelevant. We basically just need to match their results, and as the above @viivvaa66 points their current trajectory is only slightly shallower than ours.

In short it's going to be a long hard slog to the end of the season as I don't see Spurs letting up too many points now.

I agree spurs might and probably won’t drop loads of points but they do have a run of 4 games starting with Newcastle away then in an order I can’t remember Liverpool Man City and arsenal so that could be a very tough 4 game run. I know we have Liverpool Man City and arsenal to play but not one after another so that little run could make or break them 

If we qualify for UCL I imagine we will keep the people who've been frontline, and the standard of football they've set. At least for the season. I only see us strengthening over that time.

I posted about us having faith in the current setup earlier on i think either in December or January, was met in no uncertain terms about how important it was we strengthened to secure UCL next season. Statement signings.

UCL will be catalyst for great times to come in the years around the corner. And i agree with how important that is for this club and the team. 

Our supporters can be the 12th man during this eleven game run we have, and i hope that is the statement our clubs fanbase offers this team as a sign of intent for the future.

UTV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Just cast your mind back to when Gerrard went, leaving us just above the relegation zone. 

Fast forward to today, and read on the BBC sports page: 

"United remain in sixth in the table but are now 11 points behind fourth-placed Aston Villa". 

Unreal. Thank you, Unai. 

Less than a year and a half ago! Mad isn't it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Man United finishing above Villa is impossible now! its

Done
Finished
Finie
Finalizada
Over
Goodnight Vienna

Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane, Rio Ferdinand, Mick Hucknall, Ian Brown, Rory McIlroy, Eamonn Holmes, Ulrikaka, we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all! Alex Ferguson, can you hear me? Alex Ferguson, your boys took a hell of a beating!

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

What's the odds we finish 5th and need to win the Conference final to get into Champs League 😬😬😬

England odds of getting 5th CL spot are around 80% and Germany 25% or so I think so probably irrelevant

Edited by Kiwivillan

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

England odds of getting 5th CL spot are around 80% and Germany 25% or so I think so probably irrelevant

Although to be fair part of the reason the odds favour England is that we are favourites to win the Conference League…!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Man United finishing above Villa is impossible now! its

Done
Finished
Finie
Finalizada
Over
Goodnight Vienna

When was the last time Villa finished above United?