Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Not sure where else to put this, but the race for CL seems most applicable. According to Soccer Power Index (whoever they are) we are 13th out of the top clubs in Europe… I mean, there are a few notable exceptions that don’t appear in there, and a few in there that I’d question… but happy with that 😂 

Edited by alreadyexists

18 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not sure where else to put this, but the race for CL seems most applicable. According to Soccer Power Index (whoever they are) we are 13th out of the top clubs in Europe… I mean, there are a few notable exceptions that don’t appear in there, and a few in there that I’d question… but happy with that 😂 

We’re ranked above Man Utd and PSG! 😂😂

• Like 1

I worry about our fanbase.

How can these people that love to moan and give up on our players and managers all the time, suddenly support a great successful team?

There must be a lot of people who are confused and lost. Don't feel like you're all alone. Every Villa fan feels the same. We're in this together. VTID!

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Early door but spurs and Chelsea look like they'll be better than last season and Brighton don't look like they've fallen off. 

Both were always going to be better if nothing their managers. Still early days, but the gap will reduce with Man Utd, Newcastle. Arsenal might be a bit better, but a bad early form could throw them aswell. Brentford seem good as well. 
Let’s win tomorrow then see what can we do in the next 3 6 pointers coming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Early door but spurs and Chelsea look like they'll be better than last season and Brighton don't look like they've fallen off. 

Pochettino is a world class manager. That’s why NSWE wanted him. Spurs will fall away. 

25 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Pochettino is a world class manager. That’s why NSWE wanted him. Spurs will fall away. 

If Poch is world class what does that make Emery, similar ages, managed similar clubs but Emery has won far more trophies than him. 

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Watching Everton and Wolves today reminded me of the shit we had to watch at Villa for so many years before we got relegated. I have no idea where we will end the season but boy have we come a long way.

The bottom half is an appalling standard this season.

There are loads of wins for us this season home and away.

Bit annoyed we don't get the chance to play Man. United or Arsenal early as currently both are a mess defensively and in midfield. They'll both likely have sorted that out by December.

We'll be o.k. Can't promise 5th or 6th but we'll be in the mix based on the opening few weeks as we have plenty of goal potential in our team now.

28 minutes ago, WHY said:

If Poch is world class what does that make Emery, similar ages, managed similar clubs but Emery has won far more trophies than him. 

I did one of those tier list things and had it something like this

Screenshot_20230826-175349-3262.thumb.png.762917ba27442fa1b8d61a9d9798ac93.png

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Id say Don Unai is top 5 in the world.

Yeah I felt bad about not putting him at the top but could argue he hasn't had enough league success? Albeit he hasn't been at teams really capable of that except for PSG.

Don't get me wrong though I wouldn't swap him for anyone 🙂

8 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Yeah I felt bad about not putting him at the top but could argue he hasn't had enough league success? Albeit he hasn't been at teams really capable of that except for PSG.

Don't get me wrong though I wouldn't swap him for anyone 🙂

I agree and I see where you’re coming from. However (the boxing’s on) pound for pound he’s every bit as equal (imo) of Pep and The ‘perennial plucky underdog’ Klopp. 

• Like 1